Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maul's gone crazy contest

Maul's Avatar Member

Default Maul's gone crazy contest

I've decided to throw a contest for two lucky people to win an hour worth of coaching from Skyze each. The value of this prize is $20 skyze currency.

To enter, all you need to do is answer this question in this thread: Should people be able to spend their own money however they please?

Answers can be as simple as yes/no, use an image, video or a wall of text. I will judge the submissions and choose the two winners purely based on whichever entries I like the most and no particular reason other than that.

The deadline will be a week from now or the 30th at 1201 GMT+10 (aussie time )

Upon winning the prize it is up to you to organise a time with Skyze to have your session.

Good luck!

Edit: Some more details:

There's no wrong or right answer, just an answer I like the most. I'm fairly sure Skyze is on the NA servers, so I'll have to check if he can offer the coaching to EU/KR etc if you're not able to go on NA. The prizes are fixed but there's a chance I might select additional winners, but never less. If anyone is questioning my credibility on paying out what I promise, I've already hosted two tournaments with cash prizes with contributions from myself and others that have been fully paid out (1. http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3684 and 2. http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4383). So if you're worried "well, I want to do something but I'm not sure if I'll even get the prize if I win" you should dismiss that thought :P
    Last edited by Maul; 09-23-2010 at 01:18 AM.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Maul's gone crazy contest

Only one submission per person, right?

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Maul's Avatar Member

Well everyone can answer as many ways as they wish, but it would be better if it was all contained in one post. Obviously don't make your entry too massive though as I'm looking for quality not quantity.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Of course. I was just wondering if I should wait until closer to the deadline and pick the best one or post goods ones as they come to me.

For the sake of organization, I'll use this post:

Yes

(I'll add more later )

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Money is purely a general substitute for goods or services. Its singular purpose is to let anyone buy anything with it, so they're not required to be skilled at everything. I'll give you two scenarios.

A) It is the year 1300. You are good a metalwork. You trade a sword you forged for food from a farmer. But you also want clothing. You try to trade another sword to a seamstress for some clothes, but she has no need for the sword, and so you cannot trade. You go without clothes.

B) It is the year 1300. You are good a metalwork. You trade a sword you forged for food from a farmer. But you also want clothing. You try to trade another sword to a seamstress for some clothes, but she has no need for the sword, and so you cannot trade. You instead sell the sword to a knight for money. You then give the money to the seamstress and she gives you clothes.

Money is the great equalizer. It lets anyone acquire anything they desire or require regardless of their natural or learned skill sets. A man without a choice where he spends his money might as well not have money to begin with. A society where a "higher authority" determined what items you would possess at any given time would have no need for money. Money IS choice.

I would say generally, yes. However, some people are cruel, desperate, and/or stupid; so there are items that cannot be purchased or funded.
    Last edited by 13thLegion; 09-22-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Err shouldn't this be in the off topic forum?

And of course people should be able to spend their money. People should be able to do anything with their property (assuming it is within the law), other wise it kinda defeats the hole point of ownership.
    "'Every game they go 17 raks-nuke', make a void ray you retard." -SaharaDrac

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mandilorordo View Post
    Err shouldn't this be in the off topic forum?
    It's a StarCraft 2 related contest

Only women should be allowed. They should also be allowed to spend other peoples money. ^_^

Back with all gun's blazing.

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zabimaru View Post
    Only women should be allowed. They should also be allowed to spend other peoples money. ^_^
    Shoe sales would increase exponentially :P