Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Games is an absolute mess now

Default Re: Custom Games is an absolute mess now

I do agree the battle.net countdown of 30 seconds is something poorly thought of. I would honestly just remove it.
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/

My information is that you CAN change the countdown when you create the map. I haven't found it myself, because I haven't gotten time to look for it yet :P

But if it is correct, you should blame the game creators.

But it is annoying that you got no powers at all when you make a map go "public" it's annoying, really annoying.

I like that it auto-starts, because sometimes host is AFK, but I hate the 30-second countdown. Also, the auto-start should be preceded by another 10 second countdown that gives people the chance to leave before the auto-start countdown begins. A message should appear that says something like "Game will begin in 10 seconds", if somebody leaves the pre-countdown is stopped until new joiners can take their place. Or why can't it be like COD and have people who leave be replaced by joiners after the atrociously long 30 second countdown begins?

There's a lot of things they could do differently here.
    Last edited by Blackthourne; 09-17-2010 at 09:17 AM.

<- See my avatar? It's from the only custom game worth playing atm. The sad part is that it's not a SC2 custom game, nor is it even Blizzard's property, but it's free and several times better.

I just wish I wasn't so damn busy leveling up in real life to warrant playing SC2 ladder matches without having to afk during games, but then again, that same "custom game" I'm referring to is just more fun than SC2 ladder anyways.

What can you expect players to make when you give them systems and tools that are so restricted in the first place? Fun maps? Good luck with that!

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Hey Asfastasican, add me. Pandonetho. I play mainly Kass and Malzahar, but if you play Singed I could always use more tanks for my premade teams!

I also think that the 30 seconds is way too long. In fact, I think 95% of users would like a reduction in the wait time. Is there a way for us to contact them about it? maybe make some sort of signature list? It doesn't seem like it would be too terribly difficult to change it..

Asfastasican, add me too. And Pandonetho, maybe we can play together (I already added you)

Please do not resurrects threads that are 3 months old! If you think that the subject is worthy of being discussed again, create a new thread.

Closed.