Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My account has been hacked --> locked

Default Re: My account has been hacked --> locked

I agree with all the advice here and second it. I have had similar issues with paypal and careerbuilder. The paypal duplicate/scam site I picked off immediately when I noticed several small details did not load or were the wrong color/shape/size. The careerbuilder scam was a harder nut to crack. It was an e-mail with an announcement of a service change that never happened. I wound up with a trojan horse containing a very malicious virus, which I stopped very quickly and kept from infecting my computer. It was disguised as antivirus software called Antivirus 7. Good luck!
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

I keep getting e-mails about my WoW account.

Funny, since I've never played WoW.

WoL ID: Cthulhu.726
    HotS ID: Cthulhu.211

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

sorry to give it to you hard kid, but you've been scammed.
    its a scam link, its it obvious? Your PC is probably running with tons of viruses.

Get zonealarm free and avast free for the best protection.

If you have the money i suggest zonealarm internet security extreme as it has the best spam email protection and with numerous email programs.

sorry buddy, next time be more intelligent!

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    That was what Sarge should had said to Lester...
    Or what Raynor, Mengsk and Fenix should had known...

BackOnTopic: Gifted's simple steps were all you needed to be sure. You were fortunate nothing more serious happened, but hell. Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you...stranger.

sorry to give it to you hard kid, but you've been scammed.
    its a scam link, its it obvious? Your PC is probably running with tons of viruses.

Get zonealarm free and avast free for the best protection.

If you have the money i suggest zonealarm internet security extreme as it has the best spam email protection and with numerous email programs.

How could it be a scam?

I went on battle.net and tried to log in. I couldn't and the website told me my account had been locked.

I then tried to log in with the game: same message.

So...from what do you possibly see that as scam?

I didn't use the links provided to me by the e-mail.

Furthermore ZoneAlarm is possibly the most intrusive and useless firewall I have ever used. Avast is a very good AntiVirus instead.

Yesterday I remembered a small detail I had forgotten: on Saturday night when I was playing SC2 with 2 friends Avast cut my connection for "anormal activity" through the port used by SC2...what a stupid I was not to give credit to my AV...

How could it be a scam?
    Very simple. Blizzard doesn't email stuff like this. Think about it for a moment...why would blizzard be monitoring *your* account for "suspicious activity"?

Do you think blizzard is going to log every single IP address login attempt AND monitor them simultaneously? (they do log, but i guarantee they don't monitor) Furthermore, what sort of "suspicious activity" could blizzard POSSIBLY monitor among the millions of people playing, on your specific account?

Not only that, but the email you've paraphrased in your opening post is almost identical to the garbage i get in my inbox EVERY DAY. Here's a perfect example:

Due to suspicious activity, your Battle.net account has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:
    Step 1: Secure Your Computer
    In the event that your computer has been infected with malicious software such as a keylogger or trojan, simply changing your password may not deter future attacks without first ensuring that your computer is free from these programs. Please visit our Account Security website to learn how to secure your computer from unauthorized access.
    Step 2: Secure Your E-mail Account
    After you have secured your computer, please create a new password for your e-mail account since it may also be compromised. Be sure to check your e-mail filters and rules and look for any e-mail forwarding rules that you did not create. For more information on securing your e-mail account, visit this Support page.
    Step 3: Log in your Account
    You must Log in your Battle.net account. Please click this link:
    https://us.battle.net/account/suppor...B050D9A7063A0A
    If you still have questions or concerns after following the steps above, feel free to contact Customer Support at http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20606.
    Sincerely,
    The Battle.net Account Team
    Online Privacy Policy
    However, the actual link is just text, and if you were to click on the link provided in the email, you'd actually be relocated to an entirely different address (Which i will not post here, since that particular address hosts a keylogger)

If you want to be for sure, and aren't just jerking someone's leg, then post the full headers from the email, along with the email its self so we can see the link that they have you click on.

Also - when your account gets hacked and you try to login, you do get a "account blocked" message, but it doesn't ask you to go change your password.

Get malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org, do a full scan, and purge your system of viruses.

So either you're scared that your account is in danger, and didn't really login to verify and thus are making this all up...or you are the sole exception to every rule in the Blizzard Customer Relations handbook.

My guess is you have a keylogger and my followup guess is they now have your email address password as well, and it's just a matter of time.
    Last edited by Ender; 09-08-2010 at 11:38 AM.

There's actually HTML scripts where WoW users commonly left open, then alt tabbed to log into their WoW accounts. The website still running in the back ground - key logs everything - resulting in a stolen account.

Now I know your account was locked upon login attempt, but just keep this in mind for the future.

You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    If you want to be for sure, and aren't just jerking someone's leg, then post the full headers from the email, along with the email its self so we can see the link that they have you click on.
    I'll do it right now.

Also - when your account gets hacked and you try to login, you do get a "account blocked" message, but it doesn't ask you to go change your password.
    The fact is I couldn't log in on battle.net or play SC2 on Monday night (I hadn't still checked my e-mail at that time...)

Get malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org, do a full scan, and purge your system of viruses.
    I'll do it right now and hope you're wrong.

The e-mail as I received, I just took out my e-mail account name (sorry for some Italian words in it).

Battle.net Account Locked - Action Required Luned́ 6 settembre 2010, 09:57

Da: "noreplyeu@blizzard.com" <noreplyeu@blizzard.com>
    A: [my e-mail account]

Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account [my e-mail account] has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Secure Your Computer

In the event that your computer has been infected with malicious software such as a keylogger or trojan, simply changing your password may not deter future attacks without first ensuring that your computer is free from these programs. Please visit our Account Security website to learn how to secure your computer from unauthorized access.

Step 2: Secure Your E-mail Account

After you have secured your computer, please create a new password for your e-mail account since it may also be compromised. Be sure to check your e-mail filters and rules and look for any e-mail forwarding rules that you did not create. For more information on securing your e-mail account, visit this Support page.

Step 3: Choose a New Password

You must change your password in order to resume using this Battle.net account. Please click this link to choose a new password:

https://eu.battle.net/account/suppor...7146D1D3A19A1A

*Note that your former password no longer grants access to Battle.net account management, World of Warcraft, or any other login-protected Battle.net account service.

If you still have questions or concerns after following the steps above, feel free to contact Customer Support at https://eu.blizzard.com/support/webf...l?locale=en_GB.

Sincerely,
    The Battle.net Account Team
    Online Privacy Policy

I hope this can help somebody else too.

I got it and ran on my laptop, my PC and my computer at work. No suspicious malware found. (I can post the 3 logs if it can help).

Basically I did the following (please explain to me what I did wrong):

Monday evening (home): I couldn't log in on SC2. I blame my poor connection for that.

Tuesday morning (office): I check my e-mail account and receive the "strange" e-mail (please note that I received tons of similar e-mais but all of them were blocked by Yahoo spam filter).
    Tuesday afternoon (office): I tried to log in to battle.net and I couldn't (account locked message).
    Tuesday afternoon (home): I tried to log in to battle.net and I couldn't (account locked message). I changed my battle.net password (providing my Italian Identity Card number) and succeded.

Wednesday morning (office): I opened the thread.
    Wednesday night (home): I scan my laptop and PC with the program you suggested to me [thanks for that] and found nothing. I changed my e-mail, Messenger and sclegacy passwords again just in case.

Thursday (morning, 1 hour ago): I scan office PC and found nothing.

This afternoon I'm going to send an e-mail to battle.net support to report all that it happened to me.