Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help bring back team melee and other game types to SC2

Default Help bring back team melee and other game types to SC2

So as you know, Team melee is currently not on blizzards plans to implement into SC2. I'm starting a thread petition on the battlenet forums and hoping to show blizzard how much support and nostalgia we have for the game type. if you agree, leave a comment please. your cooperation is greatly appreciated :]
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/to...7975212?page=1
    http://i.imgur.com/8oAhR.gif

Default Re: Help bring back team melee and other game types to SC2

You can have close to team melee already, just share unit control.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

well its not the same :[
    http://i.imgur.com/8oAhR.gif

what's team melee? what's the difference between 2v2?

Maul's Avatar Member

Imo the shared unit control system is better than the team melee of old. Would be nice if there was the option to be able to pool resources or spend allies as well
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

team melee IS shared unit control

however, you cant acutally start a game with 2 players on one base. not without a map customly made for that purpose.

i think team melee has some potential. but not enough to warrant its own ladder anyway, so idk wht could / should be done about it.

.. i would post, but BNET foorums still dont allow posting o strange regions afaik. edit: at least we can like the posts.
    Last edited by Todie; 09-04-2010 at 04:58 AM.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

MuppZA's Avatar Junior Member

Yeah I cant post in the forums either it worked in beta but not now.Says *you dont have Starcraft license* but i do but is this happening in all Sweden or even Europe!? :/

<-Is it just me or does it look like the Mohandar avatar is... jacking off o.O

team melee is a different beast than the shared control of 2v2.

Team melee allowed both persons on the team to spend the resources of that time, benefiting people with high organization between them. While in some cases this was great, what it came down to is a removal of multitasking for the players in their own right because one only had to macro and the other micro. But they could swap in a clutch. It also allowed 4 players (or more) to play a 1v1.

Personally, I feel that it couldn't hurt to bring back... but what I TRULY want returned is the ability to see your allies resources in some form in a 2v2 (this existed in wc3) My ally and I were very fast on being able to click on an allied building, look at their resources and just "send" something that they needed. You can't do this now in sc2.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MuppZA View Post
    Yeah I cant post in the forums either it worked in beta but not now.Says *you dont have Starcraft license* but i do but is this happening in all Sweden or even Europe!? :/
    i dont know the reasoning, but it is itended; we ahve EU accounts, and as such we are not allowed to post on north american forums.

you can however log in, and like / dislike / report / etc on posts that otehrs have made, regardless of realm.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

If you want Team Melee then make a map.