Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 Hacked Already?

Default Starcraft 2 Hacked Already?

Yes, it appears that starcraft 2 has been hacked. Don't believe me watch this:

Hidden Content:

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Default Re: Starcraft 2 Hacked Already?

Hacks have been around since beta.

Yea, maphack has been around for a while now, even in beta. Expect a ban wave to happen soon though. Its extremely difficult to prevent map hacks (for a game like SC2, borderline impossible due to the number of units involved, since the only way to do it is to just not send the information... but that increases server load a lot).

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    Hacks have been around since beta.
    I know, I'm just saying this is early, its only been a month, it took a while before sc1 had any hacks.

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Doesn't this fool know that Protoss can see t3h future? Just ask Force Ghost Tassadar.

This isn't anything new.

It's good to know that Blizz banhammer, unlike previous battle.net games, will be a lot more effective.
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/

Does this happen in custom games only?

Xeonio's Avatar Junior Member

You really notice peeps map hacking if you are playing Zerg. Go in for that muta harass and their units are ALWAYS in the right spot... yea...

If you think your opponent is map hacking just watch the replay from his point of view. If you see him panning around your base when he shouldn't have vision then that's a big tell. Especially if you see him pan to check out your expansion when he wouldn't have vision.
    My blog.

I had some guy accuse me of maphacking a few days ago when he didn't realize I had one of the watchtowers on Blistering Sands. I kept cutting off his units when they tried to attack and chased him off from breaking open my back rocks and at the end of the game he goes "Maphack, reported!".

Quote Originally Posted by Cotcan View Post
    I know, I'm just saying this is early, its only been a month, it took a while before sc1 had any hacks.
    Pretty sure SC1 map hacks were out quite early as well. They might not have spread as quickly since it was 1997 though.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.