Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectres or Ghosts

Griffin's Avatar Junior Member

Default Spectres or Ghosts

what choice did you guys make in the single-player when choosing either Ghosts or Spectres? Which unit is better? just want to hear your choices.

Default Re: Spectres or Ghosts

My first run-through, I chose to side with Tosh and get the Spectres. However, to be honest, at that point in the campaign, I never really had a good chance to use them. Same could be said if I were to have sided with Nova and had gotten Ghosts. The only real differences are the upgrades and specialized abilities.
    [CENTER]

Griffin's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    My first run-through, I chose to side with Tosh and get the Spectres. However, to be honest, at that point in the campaign, I never really had a good chance to use them. Same could be said if I were to have sided with Nova and had gotten Ghosts. The only real differences are the upgrades and specialized abilities.
    so you did that mission late in the game?

Neither of them have EMP
    "'Every game they go 17 raks-nuke', make a void ray you retard." -SaharaDrac

Siraz's Avatar Junior Member

It doesn't matter. Both are pretty useless in single player tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    so you did that mission late in the game?
    Hmmm, I suppose I did. I made my forces very infantry heavy with support from siege tanks, goliaths and banshees. Getting the BCs so late in the game, I didn't have any spare credits to upgrade them.
    [CENTER]

Artanis's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siraz View Post
    You're completely right.
    Battlecruiser operational?

The spectre's omniblast ability is more powerful than snipe. That's about it really.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Siraz View Post
    I completely disagree. After I got ghosts I got at least 4 in my infantry ball, kept them permanently cloaked (after the upgrade), used the +100 energy research and used them to snipe down any big creatures such as ultras, broodlords and even the leviathan. I was often able to kill an ultra before it even got to my marines, and broodlords didn't last long either. I tried specters but I didn't find them to my liking at all, I'd rather have direct damage than a stun effect.

It doesn't hurt that I also got them early, and was able to practice a significant amount before I really put them to the test on the harder levels.

Quote Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
    I completely disagree. After I got ghosts I got at least 4 in my infantry ball, kept them permanently cloaked (after the upgrade), used the +100 energy research and used them to snipe down any big creatures such as ultras, broodlords and even the leviathan. I was often able to kill an ultra before it even got to my marines, and broodlords didn't last long either. I tried specters but I didn't find them to my liking at all, I'd rather have direct damage than a stun effect.

It doesn't hurt that I also got them early, and was able to practice a significant amount before I really put them to the test on the harder levels.
    Wow, what a difference. I chose the healing armor for my vehicles/ships than the extra energy. And as for the ultras, I used my tanks and reinforced bunkers. For air: Vikings, and for the leviathan, I used about 8 yamato guns and it was practically over.
    Last edited by Zero; 09-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    [CENTER]