Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What strat infuriates you when you fall prey to it?

Default Re: What strat infuriates you when you fall prey to it?

Turtling terrans on 1v1 maps.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    [...]Unless you just happened to 7p then Gateway and your ally can get effective units out quickly, you're pretty much done. It has nothing to do with whether or not you scout it. I've scouted many a proxy very early but it didn't matter. The only thing to counter them is to, on certain maps, assume that you're going to get cheesed and get units early but then, of course, that means that sometimes my ally and I are economically behind.
    i havnt played much 2v2 at all lately, but this had me curious; do these double cheeses effectively incapacitate both your and your allys base? if not, some kind of counter attack could possibly keep it close? if you get really creative?
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Areoseph View Post
    Tychus,

I agree with your sentiments altogether.

However, there's not much that can be done about double 2 gate proxy in 2v2. You can't really 'balance' it without seriously messing up the rest of the game in other matchups like 1v1. Oh well.
    Actually, it would be very easy. Simply require the first pylon out to be within a certain range of the Nexus. All other pylons must be within this range or that of other pylons or a warp prism. In order to proxy, a toss would now need a warp prism first, delaying the rush. It also answers the question of what powers the pylons. Note: this fix would also delay a toss's wall-off, but usually by only 1 or 2 pylons, depending on the map and where you want the wall-off.

Alternate definition of the same theory: the nexus is/would be a glorified pylon. All other buildings would therefore become buildable within the nexus radius unless we clearly differentiate the proposed nexus range from that of the general pylon. Hmmm...
    Last edited by flak4321; 08-12-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

nothing of that sorts.
    What makes me go berserk though is someone winning and making such a huge deal of it, spamming the chat with his winning ways.
    If I can teleport to that person in that moment, I would brake all bones in his body.

Can't people just win and that's it, no big deal, instead of irritating you to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanVankata View Post
    Void rays make me wanna crush my keyboard. Not just the rush - the unit is so goddamn OP there is no air unit that can counter it. Make them move slower for raynor`s sake !
    You know...I was pretty irritated by VR's back during the beta...but that was mainly because I didn't know had to effectively counter them.

VRs fall hard to stimmed, +1 marines with some Medivac support and Ghost EMP. A Thor or two with SCVs repairing are also pretty good against a few VRs.
    Last edited by //MavericK\\; 08-12-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flak4321 View Post
    Actually, it would be very easy. Simply require the first pylon out to be within a certain range of the Nexus. All other pylons must be within this range or that of other pylons or a warp prism. In order to proxy, a toss would now need a warp prism first, delaying the rush. It also answers the question of what powers the pylons. Note: this fix would also delay a toss's wall-off, but usually by only 1 or 2 pylons, depending on the map and where you want the wall-off.

Alternate definition of the same theory: the nexus is/would be a glorified pylon. All other buildings would therefore become buildable within the nexus radius unless we clearly differentiate the proposed nexus range from that of the general pylon. Hmmm...
    you broke warp gates.

There are some things that simply cannot be balanced for 2v2 games. People just have to accept that.

6 pool zergling rush infuriates me. I recognize it as a valid strategy but it's still annoying...especially when multiple zerg combine efforts in team games.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mar View Post

you broke warp gates.

There are some things that simply cannot be balanced for 2v2 games. People just have to accept that.
    Actually, warpgates would not be broken, just delayed. A warp prism would come out, a pylon could be built in its influence and a second within the radius of the first. They would power each other, and warp gates would still be very viable. So long as your warp prism remains alive, you can rinse and repeat anywhere. Note that you can still warp into the warp prism's field directly. I purposely thought this out to avoid damaging the warp gate mechanic directly.

A toss that can macro well wouldn't so much as notice the change by midgame. We'll also buff the pylon by 50hp/50shields so the proxy does not have to be replaced as often, thus offsetting the cost of this proposed mechanic. Thus is 1v1 balance maintained and 2v2 balance enhanced.

I also accept fully that some things cannot be balanced across all melee game varieties. This however, is not entirely one of those cases. Proxy cheese would still be as annoying as ever, but at least the toss' opponents would have a better chance in 2v2+.
    Last edited by flak4321; 08-13-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

Actually, warpgates would not be broken, just delayed. A warp prism would come out, a pylon could be built in its influence and a second within the radius of the first. They would power each other, and warp gates would still be very viable. So long as your warp prism remains alive, you can rinse and repeat anywhere. Note that you can still warp into the warp prism's field directly. I purposely thought this out to avoid damaging the warp gate mechanic directly.

A toss that can macro well wouldn't so much as notice the change by midgame. We'll also buff the pylon by 50hp/50shields so the proxy does not have to be replaced as often, thus offsetting the cost of this proposed mechanic. Thus is 1v1 balance maintained and 2v2 balance enhanced.

I also accept fully that some things cannot be balanced across all melee game varieties. This however, is not entirely one of those cases. Proxy cheese would still be as annoying as ever, but at least the toss' opponents would have a better chance in 2v2+.
    So basically, you want to give protoss creep, and turn pylons into creep tumors?

so i got demoted from gold to silver today cuz i got 6 pooled like seriously....... and silver league is a joke. i got killed 3x by 6pool, 2x by cannon rush (LIKE OMFG SERIOUSLY! 2 CANNONS OUT BEFORE A ZEALOT TO PREVENT IT!) and i met 5 cannon addicted turtling protoss. ya i expanded all through out the map but all the minerals in the world cant even help when going up against someone with 200/200 carriers,mothership and even if you fend off the first wave you cant go and clean up their base, theres just too many cannons, its like "ok i killed their army time to send in my army to die from 200 cannons" i seriously miss reavers.

again, silver league is a joke
    ~KyranX