Thread: The community tab

Default The community tab

All it leads to is the IRC channel as far as i know. Wouldn't be nice to post some of the milestones of some of our members and moderators there? For example Maul's Tower defense and Gradius's Team Micro Arena maps could have a "article" or some form of recognition to congratulate them on their success as well as promote it further. It's just a thought that i had and i thought it would be cool to have the "Starcraft News" and the "Community News", after all we are pretty awesome too. :P

Default Re: The community tab

Hidden Content:
    ...On the next edition of SC:L's Community News:

-Joe Smith is going to the dentist
    -Jdaw is playing Starcraft2
    -Gifted is streaming on the Observer

This and more exciting content will be revealed, so stay tuned to the next edition of SC:L's Community News!

lol jk, but it would be a nice "ornament"

I was thinking more like GNA's movie he's making and collections of replays, someone was trying to remake the original BW too. A lot of us try some really big projects and they would be interesting to hear more about.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkalis View Post
    Hidden Content:

This and more exciting content will be revealed, so stay tuned to the next edition of SC:L's Community News!

Gifted can now actually stream!

6 zerglings walk in a bar and the bartender says
    "Do you want some wine with that CHEESE?"

Hey Jdawsman,

We have a number of community-oriented features planned for sclegacy.com's architecture. However, these features are long-term projects. I will assess the a stop-gap "community page" solution. I need to investigate sclegacy.com's design, and I need to research Joomla as a content management system before advising or implementing changes.

I predict that the most likely outcome will be a page about community member's highlight projects that is updated manually. This solution is coding-independent, and it is a matter of time. There is, however, a balance between having an organic community feature, the labour-time cost for team members to maintain it, and the ability for us to add an actual feature to the website's architecture.

I will provide some answers and further information when I can.

Thanks for the suggestion,

rise

Quote Originally Posted by Arkalis View Post
    Hidden Content:

As long as it doesn't become twitter on SC:L, I'm cool with this. We just need a good moderator to see which news is, well... newsworthy

Yours Truly,
    SonOfChaos

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfChaos View Post
    As long as it doesn't become twitter on SC:L, I'm cool with this. We just need a good moderator to see which news is, well... newsworthy
    This was exactly my worry if SC:L was implementing more user community options. This fansite, in particular, is in average more mature than some, and we can all agree the staff memebrs do a fantastic job at moderating and administrating, but still not everyone knows how to behave here.
    I agree with having more participation yet the key is having a great moderating team.

Quote Originally Posted by rise View Post
    Hey Jdawsman,

We have a number of community-oriented features planned for sclegacy.com's architecture. However, these features are long-term projects. I will assess the a stop-gap "community page" solution. I need to investigate sclegacy.com's design, and I need to research Joomla as a content management system before advising or implementing changes.

I predict that the most likely outcome will be a page about community member's highlight projects that is updated manually. This solution is coding-independent, and it is a matter of time. There is, however, a balance between having an organic community feature, the labour-time cost for team members to maintain it, and the ability for us to add an actual feature to the website's architecture.

I will provide some answers and further information when I can.

Thanks for the suggestion,

rise
    Thanks for the reply rise.