Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A few Blue posts from today about random details

Exclamation A few Blue posts from today about random details

I'll post other stuff here if he says anything else today.

Source: Karune: Can the queen heal?
    Someone said on another forum that the queen can heal. Is this true?

How does call-down supplies work currently?

What buildings can be salvaged?

Is the Banshee's portrait female?

Why was the depleted gas mechanic removed?
    1) In the current build, for 100 energy, the Queen can heal a biological unit or building by 200 hit points.
    2) For 50 energy, the Terran Orbital Command can increase a supply depot's supply provided by +8 permanently.
    3) Terran Add-Ons, Bunkers, Sensor Towers, and Missile Turrets can be salvaged for 100% of its cost. Salvage currently takes 5 seconds to complete.
    4) Yes, the Banshee portrait is of a female pilot.
    5) Vespene gas can still become depleted from geysers. Most geysers have 2500 gas each.

So what energy abilities does the overseer have now?
    In addition to having detection and increased speed from the Overlord they can use these abilities:

Spore Cloud (50 energy)- Release a cloud of fog, covering an area and blocks line of sight for a period of time (subject to balance). Units that are above the fog can see into and over the fog.

This ability is great at blocking the line of sight of spotter units on cliffs, block line of sight of Marines while your Zerglings run up close to attack range, or even to hide your ranged units like Hydralisks from the enemy while having your own spotter for the Hydras.

Changeling (100 energy)- Changes into an enemy unit (Zealot, Zergling, or Marine) depending on the enemy race. This unit acts as an excellent scout.

Bunkers salvage for 100% of cost? Looks like I'll be building a lot more bunkers vs zerg
    Dustin did also mention that he felt this could possibly be too strong, but we will probably wait until beta for evidence before making any changes.

Source: Blues: question about Dropship landing
    Does the Medivac still do a landing animation in the latest build? Doesn't that make it more vulnerable to anti-air while trying to drop units? Do the units popup one by one or all at once? What about the Protoss and Zerg transports?
    it was mentioned that units drop one-by-one with a small delay (few seconds) between each other, but load almost instantly. this probably applies to all races.
    as for the animation, i guess it's still in and mostly for the looks, it probably doesn't really slow down the drop and apparently doesn't exist for other races.
    This is correct. There is an animation for the drop, but it is visual, and should not affect gameplay, though all transports are still considered more vulnerable while dropping, as it will not automatically move away while attacked.
    Last edited by n00bonicPlague; 06-30-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Default Re: A few Blue posts from today about random details

So Queens get transfusion back? Nice to hear it Wonder what Overseers get
    Edit: WOW Im really pleased about Spore Cloud, like balanced Dark Swarm NICE!!! I can see that Overseers will be used a lot !!!
    Last edited by RamiZ; 06-30-2009 at 06:56 PM.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

So what energy abilities does the overseer have now?

In addition to having detection and increased speed from the Overlord they can use these abilities:

Spore Cloud (50 energy)- Release a cloud of fog, covering an area and blocks line of sight for a period of time (subject to balance). Units that are above the fog can see into and over the fog.

This ability is great at blocking the line of sight of spotter units on cliffs, block line of sight of Marines while your Zerglings run up close to attack range, or even to hide your ranged units like Hydralisks from the enemy while having your own spotter for the Hydras.

Changeling (100 energy)- Changes into an enemy unit (Zealot, Zergling, or Marine) depending on the enemy race. This unit acts as an excellent scout.

DARN IT NOOB!!!! You did it again!
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 06-30-2009 at 06:52 PM.

1) Not sure if I would like to see this for Zerg units - While buildings may work, I think this infringes on Terran's racial trait too much - what does everybody think?

2) Maybe a delay before the population cap is actually increased. (?) Sounds a bit tough to balance IMO - Unless....What happens when the upgraded depot is lost...? Does the player lose the equivalent (16) population?

3) Terran automated defenses potentially only need to be bought once - I think this is good actually; kind of an indirect equivalent of the Zerg moveable defenses. However, it probably should have some kind of financial penalty -

4) Cool.

5) Cool.

Last edited by Caliban113; 06-30-2009 at 07:13 PM.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

4) Yes, the Banshee portrait is of a female pilot.
    good news thanks.. haha

The Dropship has an animation for unloading units, as does (presumably) the Phase Prism. Does the Overlord, assuming it still transports?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    1) Not sure if I would like to see this for Zerg units - While buildings may work, I think this infringes on Terran's racial trait too much - what does everybody think?
    I think the single cast high healing spell would be best on the Protoss side (3 hp carrier WOOT), but failing that queen is a good choice. The razor swarm, while interesting, did not fit the queen's support unit role.

Im really excited about the possibilities of spore cloud. Its like and upgraded dark swarm.

Quote Originally Posted by archerofaiur View Post
    darn it noob!!!! You did it again!
    I R forum ninja

Nice! They better keep that landing animation as well. Good news overall. Spore cloud is like dark swarm but better(for all races I mean) since range enemies can still attack while being in the swarm.

Btw, thx noob for always providing us with the things happening on b.net forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherofAiur View Post
    I think the single cast high healing spell would be best on the Protoss side (3 hp carrier WOOT), but failing that queen is a good choice. The razor swarm, while interesting, did not fit the queen's support unit role.

Im really excited about the possibilities of spore cloud. Its like and upgraded dark swarm.
    Hm, I would say that it works great on Queen cuz she is base defender, and Zerg need only one building for each unit, so it will be great role in saving those buildings. Also Queens + Ultralisk = Freaking IMBA!!!
    "Living for the Swarm!"