Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Can't Hate George Lucas Anymore.

Default You Can't Hate George Lucas Anymore.

Well...not as much anyway. What he did with the prequels (aside from some of the best special effects work of all time) was unforgivable.

However...this is pretty darn cool. Major props to the Flanneled One!

http://stars.ign.com/articles/111/1110726p1.html

Wish more of the super rich would follow Lucas' and Bill Gates' lead. They are making a difference!
    Last edited by //MavericK\\; 08-06-2010 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: You Can't Hate George Lucas Anymore.

He's still a turd.

He's DA MAN!
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    © Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    © broodmywarcraft

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Good to see more donations happening.

Even with half his fortune gone he still wouldn't be able to deplete the rest of his money for the rest of his life if he wanted to.

Even if George Lucas personally gave me the rest of his money, I could still hate him.

Yes, such is the depth of the wound he caused within my soul.

Oh well.
    Without a home. Without a people. Without mercy. The Arcani

Blizzard's Exact Mathematical Definition of Soon™: {soon|1 month<soon<∞}

Another?!

Aznargo's Avatar Junior Member

Well, this is nice.

Net worth of over 230 billion? Wow .

Adun Toridas!
    Current Status - The Worst SC2 Player of All Time

I'll honestly never understand all the hate towards the prequels anyways. I thought they were decent. Then again I never was much of a Star-Wars fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyvik View Post
    Even if George Lucas personally gave me the rest of his money, I could still hate him.

Yes, such is the depth of the wound he caused within my soul.

Oh well.
    Agreed. However...the mess of the prequels is forgivable for one reason, and one reason alone...young, non-gazillionair George Lucas gave us the first three movies and the rich tapestry of novels, games, comics and toys that they spawned.

What's really funny is that Lucas is really getting the last laugh with this donation thing...he's actually just giving away all of our money! A lot of which he earned with his crummy prequels.
    Last edited by //MavericK\\; 08-06-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I'll honestly never understand all the hate towards the prequels anyways. I thought they were decent. Then again I never was much of a Star-Wars fan.
    Episode 1 to 3 are pure garbage. Episode 1 is particularily bad, and a complete waste of time that doesn't really tell any history. The movies just show to you that the jedi are a bunch of idiots, and the decisions they take could be better done by a young children.

- "Oh! this boy is too young, and has too many fear and anger, we won't train him. Too risky. He could... i don't know, suddently decide to kill everyone else for no apparent reason."
    - "Well, i could take him as my padawan disciple."
    - "As long as we don't have to move our fat asses from this comfortable chairs, so be it."

Quote Originally Posted by //MavericK\\ View Post
    Agreed. However...the mess of the prequels is forgivable for one reason, and one reason alone...young, non-gazillionair George Lucas gave us the first three movies and the rich tapestry of novels, games, comics and toys that they spawned.
    I will be honest: I was not a Star Wars fan until I read Zahn's Heir to the Empire. So I am a fan of Zahn's vision of Star Wars, and compared to that greatness, only Empire Strikes Back holds a candle, and that is the one Lucas had the least amount of say in.

So to be perfectly frank, I still despise the man. He was given plenty to work with...Zahn's mentioning of the Clone Wars, I, Jedi mentioning of Clone Wars, all of the good writers who mentioned the Clone Wars had all sorts of cool ideas....

And we get the crap known as the prequels. Although to be honest, I rather enjoyed Episode 1 if only because Darth Maul was pure awesome, although once again Lucas reared his ugly head by killing him too easily. Episode two is the one I cannot watch without massive use of the fast-forward and "next chapter" buttons on my remote. So...hideous...
    Without a home. Without a people. Without mercy. The Arcani

Blizzard's Exact Mathematical Definition of Soon™: {soon|1 month<soon<∞}

Another?!