Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: StarCraft: Ghost

Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

Well I have a feeling this thread will be closed soon so I put up a WoS thread in off-topic forums

go at it kids
    MAGIKARP USE A SPLASH ATTACK!

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I will contest your point using but one piece of logic.

WoW RAPED Warcraft's lore.
    i'm slightly confused by how you are using the word "raped". do you mean that it screwed up the lore and made the lore stupid, or that it concluded all possible attempts at adding onto the lore? what did you mean? i dont see how that contested what i said.

what I'm saying is that there isn't enough in the SC universe to create an MMO yet. WarCraft had more than 1 released game before it was turning into WoW. StarCraft needs more.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor_Ixab View Post
    i'm slightly confused by how you are using the word "raped". do you mean that it screwed up the lore and made the lore stupid, or that it concluded all possible attempts at adding onto the lore? what did you mean? i dont see how that contested what i said.
    You said that WarCraft has tons of lore, which you say is needed for a good MMO like this. I say that WoW has altered the lore into such a way it has almost no relation to the original game. Thus:

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor_Ixab View Post
    what I'm saying is that there isn't enough in the SC universe to create an MMO yet. WarCraft had more than 1 released game before it was turning into WoW. StarCraft needs more.
    What I'm saying is that ITS BETTER that SC has less known lore because it gives more new opportunities for new lore content and lore exploration without violating the original lore, thus making the game better through a consistency and unity that Warcraft now lacks.

Less lore = better starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by DSquid
    What I'm saying is that ITS BETTER that SC has less known lore because it gives more new opportunities for new lore content and lore exploration without violating the original lore, thus making the game better through a consistency and unity that Warcraft now lacks.

Less lore = better starting point.
    Have to agree on this. I can't stand when things get retconned or changed around to suit the most recent game. Although there is a lot we've seen of the SC universe, there's far more we haven't seen and can still experience in one way or another.

I think the perfect starting point for a SC MMO would be after the final part of SC2. The SC MMO would initially act as a bridge between the end of SC2 and the beginning of a SC3 (RTS), but assuming the game ends up successful, the MMO can be updated after SC3 so that it will stay current with the events of the RTS, and perhaps even extend the lore beyond that (should the SC3 RTS not end it all).
    [CENTER]

There is no StarCraft MMO in development.

We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.
    Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...eNo=2&sid=1#20

I have theories on how the game's plot would have gone, based on dubious concept art though
    Last edited by Kimera757; 05-23-2009 at 02:15 PM.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."