Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: StarCraft: Ghost

  1. #11

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    i doubt SC:G will become or has become the new MMO, because everyone knows the new MMO is World of Starcraft!
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

  2. #12

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor_Ixab View Post
    i doubt SC:G will become or has become the new MMO, because everyone knows the new MMO is World of Starcraft!
    That would be WorldS of Starcraft.

    Or Starcraft Worlds.

    Or Starcraft Galaxy

    Or K-Sector.

  3. #13

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    haha that's what i meant... i still have no idea how WoS would work. doesn't seem like it lends itself too much to the MMORPG genre, really. you could basically only be Terran or Protoss, cuz Zerg is a hive-mind species where units couldn't quest b/c they have no free will. not enough sentient races, either, so you'd be stuck. the lore, history, and mythology of the StarCraft universe needs to expand greatly in order to even think of undertaking something like World of StarCraft, as much as I'd love to see it.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

  4. #14

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor_Ixab View Post
    haha that's what i meant... i still have no idea how WoS would work. doesn't seem like it lends itself too much to the MMORPG genre, really. you could basically only be Terran or Protoss, cuz Zerg is a hive-mind species where units couldn't quest b/c they have no free will. not enough sentient races, either, so you'd be stuck. the lore, history, and mythology of the StarCraft universe needs to expand greatly in order to even think of undertaking something like World of StarCraft, as much as I'd love to see it.
    How very small minded of you. Of course you could play Zerg. Your quests would be given as orders by Overlords, Queens, Infested Terran Commanders... even Kerrigan herself. The quests would mostly be in a "after achieving optimal mutation, go do this" way.

    Worlds of Starcraft is completely, 100% possible and could be true to the lore. And it would be very, very good. So good it'd be pure evil.

    Instead of Horde and Alliance, the factions would be the three races. Each race would have classes (ex. Protoss > Zealot, Stalker, Immortal, HT, DT) and each class would specialize in different things (Immortal is tanking class, DT is stealth assassin, HT is caster). It'd be QUITE simple to create.
    Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 05-14-2009 at 12:41 AM.

  5. #15

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    For humanity sakes i hope they dont go down that road, like they did with Warcraft. The reason i say that is because i know if they made it, i would never stop playing it...ever.

  6. #16

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Novasquadron View Post
    For humanity sakes i hope they dont go down that road, like they did with Warcraft. The reason i say that is because i know if they made it, i would never stop playing it...ever.
    Hence why I called it pure evil.

    WoW has already stolen millions of souls. Starcraft would become Hell v2.0.

  7. #17
    Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,214

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    No. Starcraft MMO will fail no matter how clever you think your ideas could work for it DS.

  8. #18

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    No. Starcraft MMO will fail no matter how clever you think your ideas could work for it DS.
    I beg to different, it could work out very well with the right system. If you're going to say "no" at least give some reasoning behind your claim. I've thought through everything and it can easily work.

    For starters, rather than a "traditional" level-up system, make stat gains minimal, with leveling up providing a player's character with more skills, buffs, and access to better equipment. That way, a skilled player with a low level character could still beat a high level opponent with an unskilled player. The less powerful Zerg players would play as the hero units and adopt a number of lesser Zerg to join them to even their battle strength with the Terran and Protoss' armor, weaponry, and vehicles. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as to what I'm sure would work for a successful SCMMO.
    [CENTER]

  9. #19

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    its intriguing, but as it stands now, there just doesn't seem to be enough in the SC universe to create an SCMMO that would rival something like WoW. we all know that WoS would have to be what SC2 is to SC1 - the unparalleled, uncontested sequel and next step in the story. there first needs to be enough story for that to happen. remember, WoW, there were 3 Warcrafts, plus 2 expansions. WoS would have to wait until after Legacy of the Void, at the VERY LEAST, and i'd say they shouldn't put any serious thought into it (if they ever do) until after SC3 (and don't think it won't happen, we'll wait another 11 years after LotV to play it!).
    Last edited by Praetor_Ixab; 05-15-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: my typing sux
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

  10. #20

    Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor_Ixab View Post
    its intriguing, but as it stands now, there just doesn't seem to be enough in the SC universe to create an SCMMO that would rival something like WoW. we all know that WoS would have to be what SC2 is to SC1 - the unparalleled, uncontested sequel and next step in the story. there first needs to be enough story for that to happen. remember, WoW, there were 3 Warcrafts, plus 2 expansions. WoS would have to wait until after Legacy of the Void, at the VERY LEAST, and i'd say they shouldn't put any serious thought into it (if they ever do) until after SC3 (and don't think it won't happen, we'll wait another 11 years after LotV to play it!).
    I will contest your point using but one piece of logic.

    WoW RAPED Warcraft's lore.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •