Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: StarCraft Campaign Remake

Default StarCraft Campaign Remake

I've been working on remaking the StarCraft 1 campaign. I'm not just doing sc1 missions in 3D. I'm working on making each mission more interesting with it's own mechanics. Much like the SC2 campaign.

Here is a quick preview of one of the first Terran mission I have been working on. It is nowhere near close to complete but I'd like opinions and feedback.

http://www.mediafire.com/?48hbtb88eeb3adv

Just double click the editor file and the editor should open and load the map. Then hit the Test Document button to play it.

Default Re: StarCraft Campaign Remake

You might wanna see this thread: http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3663

Our mod is called Starcraft: Reborn. Our goal is to recreate the Vanilla and Brood War campaigns (and hopefully some other campaigns like Loomings, Enslavers 1 & 2, and the Stukov missions). We're focused on recreating Episode I, and adding in new fun features, secondary objectives, extra missions (the deleted Episode 1 missions along with a couple original ones), and more.

We also wish to recreate the SC1 tech tree for the campaigns and multiplayer. Possibly even recreate a few SC1 multiplayer favorites.

I think you should check our project out, the more the merrier

I think that project is dead, hasn't been posted in for a while.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

If that other project picks up at all I might try to merge some of my stuff into it. This first mission is still very basic. I still have a lot of work to do on it.

EDIT: Also drake if you'd like to write dialog for my transmissions and whatnot you would be more than welcome to. I'm terrible at that stuff.
    Last edited by Hav0x; 08-01-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    I think that project is dead, hasn't been posted in for a while.
    Its not dead. I'm a part of the team, I should know (we have hidden forum sections for the devs). I think we're having a slow period right now going through the SC2 campaign, but I wouldn't call us dead. Right now I'm even working on the Terran tech tree.

Btw I've worked on the Tutorial mission, Wasteland, New Gettysburg, The Big Push, and others.

Maul's Avatar Member

Just out of curiosity, has anyone checked with Blizzard to see if they are ok with this? SC1 and BW are still on the market so it would be a bummer to get half-way through only to have their legal team issue a cease and desist.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

saga's Avatar Junior Member

i played your mission it was good but a few suggestions
    1 when you check the mine out nothing happens at all
    2 later in the future you should have someone try to recreate Jim Raynor inside of his vulture
    3 recording some of the cut scene talking would be a good idea if you can so you don't have to read it but they are suggestions and this is in the early stages so you know
    My name is alazyburito.

Quote Originally Posted by saga View Post
    i played your mission it was good but a few suggestions
    1 when you check the mine out nothing happens at all
    2 later in the future you should have someone try to recreate Jim Raynor inside of his vulture
    3 recording some of the cut scene talking would be a good idea if you can so you don't have to read it but they are suggestions and this is in the early stages so you know
    Yep it was only a half complete map. I have most triggers working now and I'll do an update later.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone checked with Blizzard to see if they are ok with this? SC1 and BW are still on the market so it would be a bummer to get half-way through only to have their legal team issue a cease and desist.
    Blizz has said more than once that they expect some fan team to do it

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

Just a matter of who does it first.

I'm looking forward to a mod that recreates the SC1 tech trees, I wanna recreate my Mar Sara campaigns bigger and better than ever.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.