Thread: Does anyone actually find the forum index "unread posts" indicator useful?

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Does anyone actually find the forum index "unread posts" indicator useful?

To clarify, when you're viewing the forum index, like "Lore forum" or "SC2 discussion forum" or "Off Topic forum" and it shows the icons beside each forum as either green or blacked out indicating that there are unread posts, does anyone find it useful?

Because personally I think it should be changed. There are just some threads that people don't care about, and as such most if not all forums will permanently remain highlighted green indicating that there are unread posts.

The way I suggest it should work is that it only highlights green when there are unread posts only in threads that you posted in.

Thoughts?

PS: It bothered me for a while so I went and tabbed every single thread in every single forum to keep the indicators blacked out, but that's just me.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Does anyone actually find the forum index "unread posts" indicator useful?

I find it useful. Go to the main forum index and click on "Mark Forums Read" to black everything out.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Does anyone actually find the forum index "unread posts" indicator useful?

Oh, I didn't know that existed. Well, that'll save me a lot of trouble lol.

So are there any plans for a community latest box(last 5 posts), to be put on the forums, it would be a big improvement over the new post button!

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    So are there any plans for a community latest box(last 5 posts), to be put on the forums, it would be a big improvement over the new post button!
    Maybe. What is this again? Just the last 5 posts? Is it useful? We've got that on the front page - would it be better if we made that one update faster?

It really doesn't help that that box is on the main box, but i wan't a similar box in the forums (at the bottom but for last posts and not threads), and it should update itself everytime i make a post or change a forum ( something like the new posts button, but in a box),so i can be in a thread and still see if there is a discussion happening somewhere else. I alredy suggested this 3 times, over the last 2 months, and everythime some staff members said, that they would implement this.:P
    It really bugs me that scl doesn't have this, i'm so used to this from other forums.
    Do you understand what i would like, or should i post some examples from other forums?

Struggling to get what you're wanting.. You can see the most recent posts by either browsing the forum index page, going to the New Posts link on the top of every page: http://sclegacy.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew or by viewing any subscribed threads/forums you may belong to.

What more do we need?
    here's to the crazy ones..

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    To clarify, when you're viewing the forum index, like "Lore forum" or "SC2 discussion forum" or "Off Topic forum" and it shows the icons beside each forum as either green or blacked out indicating that there are unread posts, does anyone find it useful?

Because personally I think it should be changed. There are just some threads that people don't care about, and as such most if not all forums will permanently remain highlighted green indicating that there are unread posts.

The way I suggest it should work is that it only highlights green when there are unread posts only in threads that you posted in.

Thoughts?

PS: It bothered me for a while so I went and tabbed every single thread in every single forum to keep the indicators blacked out, but that's just me.
    I find it very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Struggling to get what you're wanting.. You can see the most recent posts by either browsing the forum index page, going to the New Posts link on the top of every page: http://sclegacy.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew or by viewing any subscribed threads/forums you may belong to.

What more do we need?
    It's on the list of things to do ><

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

I use it all the time.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

I love these functionalities. I double click the green icons to make them go grey (mark as read), and I use the "new posts" function a lot.
    Only cool thing I can think of is to be able to filter the "new posts" by section. For example I barely ever read the lore section (I love the lore, but I hate the silly polls), so being able to exclude the new posts for a specific section would be great. It's very minor though... i can just... not click them