Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What DON'T you like about Wings of Liberty?

Default Re: What DON'T you like about Wings of Liberty?

Wasn't long enough.
    "'Every game they go 17 raks-nuke', make a void ray you retard." -SaharaDrac

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    I've watched the Behind The Scenes and I've watched the Starcraft Retrospect on the DVD as well as I'm still completely boggled as to why the hell they replaced Glynnis Talken as Kerrigan.

I know it's beating a dead horse but seriously, It's the biggest f***up ever.
    Completly agree. Except Id call it "one of their biggest f***ups ever". Bobby Kotick's facebookcraft ranks alittle higher.

Quote Originally Posted by SaharaDrac View Post
    So far, just the community.
    I so strongly disagree with this statement. Starcraft 2 had one of the best communites a video game company could ask for. Time and time again they provided helpful advice to impove Starcraft 2 and time and time again Blizzard ignored it.

Also why the hell do I find myself agreeing with demosquid more and more these days?
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 07-29-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Well, I agree with you. But I wrote quite a long list myself. But the things in that list is mostly everything. It's still better then sc1

But it makes me a little sad that it feels like an unfinished game on the release, that's about it. I just hope the -said- patches will come soon. (map filtering, chatting after a map(maybe it got skipped though) general chats, etc. etc.)

Currently there are only 2 things I really don't like:

Autostart ALWAYS on, there should at least be an "off-button".

"Control", meaning -host- options. Ok I understand they don't want players to be kicked and have games evolved like dota became. But well, if you play 2v2 Diamond league you don't want to be paired with 1 from bronze versus 2 from Diamond. (that's not really why I want to be able to kick, but it was an example. Let's say a player is afk or a flaming idiot or you just want to play an arranged 2v2 team custom map, it's just not possible at the moment sadly. But lets so how things evolve, it's just been 2 days and they said they are going to support and evolve the way b.net 2.0 works for a long time)

Disclaimer: I prefer larger multiplayer games online, so I've only tried 3v3 and 4v4 games so far.

The game is just a spam fest.

I haven't played a single game where players don't sit in their base, mass, and tech. There is no early game micro. Maybe somebody will send a probe into the enemy's base, but that's it. It's pathetic really.

Maybe I'm just playing the wrong matchups. I know I've seen some interesting 1v1 games, but 1v1 isn't my thing.

Side charachters got to little attention

I am including everyone except raynor, kerrigan and zeratul (raynor did a tremendous job in sc2)

And I immensely agree with tassadar felt like a generic protoss, was a big let down
    The voice acting just wasn't on par in sc2

The lacking unit descriptions. The first game had a manual that detailed all the units and stuff with nice lore-based descriptions. In this game you only get descriptions for a few units, and even those are shorter and have less substance to them then the stuff in the original manual.

I'm hoping they'll update the Starcraft2.com webpage with more info on units though.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nobdoor View Post
    Disclaimer: I prefer larger multiplayer games online, so I've only tried 3v3 and 4v4 games so far.

The game is just a spam fest.

I haven't played a single game where players don't sit in their base, mass, and tech. There is no early game micro. Maybe somebody will send a probe into the enemy's base, but that's it. It's pathetic really.

Maybe I'm just playing the wrong matchups. I know I've seen some interesting 1v1 games, but 1v1 isn't my thing.
    This is a joke. Why are you complaining that 3v3 and 4v4 is a spamfest? Try playing some actual competitive games if you want more intense micro. Like Gifted told me, "3v3? I've seen more strategy in pokemon".

Quote Originally Posted by l33telboi View Post
    The lacking unit descriptions. The first game had a manual that detailed all the units and stuff with nice lore-based descriptions. In this game you only get descriptions for a few units, and even those are shorter and have less substance to them then the stuff in the original manual.

I'm hoping they'll update the Starcraft2.com webpage with more info on units though.
    QFT.

DutchBison's Avatar Junior Member

/signed

@Sahara: there's a difference between feedback and baseless complaints... you can't put both in the same bag...
    Of course you'll see some people who are just unhappy with it and being annoying, but that minority can't be called "the community" imo :/
    Last edited by Hammy; 07-29-2010 at 03:06 PM.

DutchBison's Avatar Junior Member

Thumbs up Re: What DON'T you like about Wings of Liberty?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    @Sahara: there's a difference between feedback and baseless complaints... you can't put both in the same bag...
    Of course you'll see some people who are just unhappy with it and being annoying, but that minority can't be called "the community" imo :/

you got a point there.