Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

  1. #41

    Default Re: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

    I'm really bored and wanting to play some games. Did anyone reach a consensus on server? east/west/iccup?

  2. #42

    Default Re: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

    I would personally suggest ICCUP, just because of the fact that the B.Net servers have been very "spacey"(no pun intended) for me. I'm going to throw this idea out here that I have had for the channel and am wondering if people would be interested in trying it out..

    I would like to try to make "op bgn", essentially the StarCraft Channel for the working, every day SC/WC3/Diablo player. We'd host events periodically in the channel but the intent is that it is for that player that can't dedicate their lives to SC(see: TL) or don't care as intently about the Pro Gaming Scene(see: TL) or those that want to participate in events that aren't overrun by extremely elite SC Players(see: TL).

    Now naturally I'm not viewing this as a replacement for SC:L(or BF) but I'm thinking if we can create a channel that people would feel comfortable for coming to on a regular basis, we could have a market which would be perfect to supplement SC:L and BF. As a matter of fact, BGN began with the essential guideline that the channel was for EVERYONE, not just those who are selected to be a part of it.

    However, unlike BGN(which truly began solely because of myself), I want to try to get a unified effort and people that would be interested in dedicating some time to getting it going. Besides, it couldn't hurt to build up some interest right when the ides of SC2 are getting warmer.

    If you want to read my full idea that I had about it, you can check out what I wrote here: http://forums.swoopzone.net/index.php?topic=14.0. Feel free to private message me as well.

  3. #43

    Default Re: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

    On iccup I created a clan: SCLegacy.
    You can join that clan, and when everyone does that it will enable you to know who is on when you log on.

    Simple commands like /c o will display who is online, and besides, your default channel will become "op SCLegacy".

    This is obvioulsy just a suggestion, and since I'm not part of the SCL staff I would gladly give the reins to Gradius, LoA or someone.

  4. #44

    Default Re: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    On iccup I created a clan: SCLegacy.
    You can join that clan, and when everyone does that it will enable you to know who is on when you log on.

    Simple commands like /c o will display who is online, and besides, your default channel will become "op SCLegacy".

    This is obvioulsy just a suggestion, and since I'm not part of the SCL staff I would gladly give the reins to Gradius, LoA or someone.
    I admire the initiative. I don't really know quite why the SC:L Staff would really care in that regard as their focus is primarily on the web site. That's a great idea though with the automatic messaging of those that have signed up for the Clan. I think this is a good start.

    However, one thing I have noticed based on SC:L's past history. Quite often, the base here at SC:L seems to not exactly "play" the game. They seem to as a whole be more interested in just dealing with the lore aspects of the game. I'd love to be proven wrong as in the past I have seen events that had 20-25 people in it from this site.

  5. #45
    Gradius's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,988

    Default Re: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDominator View Post
    I admire the initiative. I don't really know quite why the SC:L Staff would really care in that regard as their focus is primarily on the web site. That's a great idea though with the automatic messaging of those that have signed up for the Clan. I think this is a good start.

    However, one thing I have noticed based on SC:L's past history. Quite often, the base here at SC:L seems to not exactly "play" the game. They seem to as a whole be more interested in just dealing with the lore aspects of the game. I'd love to be proven wrong as in the past I have seen events that had 20-25 people in it from this site.
    That should change with StarCraft II. We'll definitely try to get some tournaments set up, etc (when the game comes out and maybe even during beta). Right now I'd say our members simply don't want to go back to an old game. I wouldn't say we're that focused on lore - our SC2 gameplay section has ten times as many posts as our lore forum.

  6. #46

    Default Re: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

    Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    That should change with StarCraft II. We'll definitely try to get some tournaments set up, etc (when the game comes out and maybe even during beta). Right now I'd say our members simply don't want to go back to an old game. I wouldn't say we're that focused on lore - our SC2 gameplay section has ten times as many posts as our lore forum.
    Indeed, however I think you need to be prepared for the fact that people are going to be looking for a place to come that they would be welcomed to play games against people that won't be overly critical of them. Trust me, I was around for all of the SC beginnings as well.. and I look forward to seeing how the SC2 scene gets going. Understand though that you are not going to be able to compete directly with sites like TL or GG without some sort of good backing.

    Regardless, I will ALWAYS view SC:L as a home for "lore" discussion more so than more serious gameplay, which is fine.

  7. #47
    diddlydo's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

    diddlydo

  8. #48

    Default Re: StarCraft Channel "op BGN" at USEast

    inverseninja - spartan051

    do you guys mostly play real starcraft or BGH/fastest?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •