View Poll Results: Now that you've beaten SC2, how do you feel?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blown Away

52 63.41%
  • Content

23 28.05%
  • Dissapointed

7 8.54%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Singleplayer: Blown Away, Content, or Dissapointed?

Default Singleplayer: Blown Away, Content, or Dissapointed?

In the topic, "Singleplayer Expectations: Before Release", I asked how everyone expected they'd feel about StarCraft 2's singleplayer once they were done with it.

Now that everyone has the game, I'd like to hear everyone's follow up. Did it match your expectations?

We endorse the LAN in Starcraft 2 Please. Petition to Blizzard Entertainment.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/LANSC2/petition.html

LANHAMMER: 252,778
    252,778 against the removal of LAN in StarCraft 2!
    IGN's Article Regarding The Petition Reaching 55,000, "...eliminating LAN play reduces choice"

Default Re: Singleplayer: Blown Away, Content, or Dissapointed?

18 or so missions done.. completely blown away by the storytelling and immersion, holy crap.
    missions are great, too.

I love it. I'm taking my sweet time too, and I'm playing on hard difficulty first time around, even though Teran is by far my worst race. Talking to everyone at every opportunity, checking everything out, and loving it. I've had several bugs, ie: a character on the bridge of the Hyperion will be invisible and leave a giant black hole in their place. It's otherwise excellent though, the mission variety is really interesting too, and by now I've done most of the maps we've seen (the Dig, gathering Terrazine, avoiding lava, etc.) and I'm really interested to see what's next. The whole credit system is spot on as well. My bunkers are seriously pimped out, and I use all my mercenaries almost every mission.
    "Youíre an idiot, babe
    Itís a wonder that you still know how to breathe"
    -Robert Zimmerman

Starcraft Lore Timeline and Mysteries.

11 missions done, I'm totally blown away by cinematic and storyline. Fnd missions...God they are cool. Especially those where you (SPOLIERSSS!! )..........

Im content. It was worse than I hoped and better than I feared. Story is decent but shallow, as are the characters, and the missions are fun but hardly revolutionary. Still I'll recommend it to my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gali View Post
    Im content. It was worse than I hoped and better than I feared. Story is decent but shallow, as are the characters, and the missions are fun but hardly revolutionary. Still I'll recommend it to my friends.
    Does anyone else feel like while the multiplayer (due to the community input) has become the extension sc1 of that sc2 should be... but the singleplayer got left behind. I feel like I'm playing red alert single player. I feel like some parts of the storytelling work really well. But the in game talks between characters seems to fall short in comparison to sc1. I guess my main problem is that everything feels "choppy." Like bits of audio cut and pasted into their spot. It doesn't feel continuous.

oh and because I can... DUSTIN BROWDER RUINED SC2 SINGLEPLAYER!!!111
    Drink Zealot Powerade!
    Nothing gets your Psionic powers flowing like Zealot Powerade!

Hmm the SP could of been rated E for everyone.

I'm serious. This is pathetic.

EDIT: I have to many things to complain about this early on. Once I finish the game I'll come back. Hopefully it'll change my opinion to be more positive, so far I'm a bit disappointed. The game feels like it has been made to appeal to every single audience for maximum money gain, but in this attempt to please the CEO's who want to fill their pockets they've created one cluster *beep* of a story and single player experience.

I'm requesting a face palm pic.
    Last edited by Warsaw; 07-27-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

I've played the first couple missions, and have to go with "content". I am digging this story mode though - huge potential.

Been downloading the trial since 11:00am Central time (nearly 5 horus ago) and only at 41%, so can't provide any feedback yet =\

I'm 8 or so missions in.

I'll say the only thing I feel is wrong with it so far is that it starts a bit slow. The first 3 missions feel rehashed from the first SC and not that exciting. But once you get on the Hyperion the game completely opens up, and the missions become very creative and diverse, along with your teching choices.

So i'd say Blown away once you're on the Hyperion. So the first hour of gameplay is a bit "meh". But I guess it's a good way to ease into the game.