Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New novel: Devils' Due

Default Re: New novel: Devils' Due

I don't mind Zeratul going emo.

Really: he slayed the Cerebrates... and gave the location of his home planet to the Overmind, resulting in the deaths of millions.

His prized pupil went down in a flame of glory saving their planet... only for it to get smoked.

He led a valiant effort to free Shakuras from the clutches of the Zerg swarm... only to find he was eliminating Kerrigan's competition.

He destroyed the second Overmind... only bringing Kerrigan out on top. Of EVERYTHING.

And oh yeah, he was forced to murder his mentor and leader, Raszagal.

Now tell me, wouldn't you be depressed? I would have called it quits at step one. Honestly, Zeratul has been the resident punching bag for the entire saga.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post

Really: he slayed the Cerebrates... and gave the location of his home planet to the Overmind, resulting in the deaths of millions.

His prized pupil went down in a flame of glory saving their planet... only for it to get smoked.

He led a valiant effort to free Shakuras from the clutches of the Zerg swarm... only to find he was eliminating Kerrigan's competition.

He destroyed the second Overmind... only bringing Kerrigan out on top. Of EVERYTHING.

Now tell me, wouldn't you be depressed? I would have called it quits at step one. Honestly, Zeratul has been the resident punching bag for the entire saga.
    Billions of Protoss no? :P

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Now tell me, wouldn't you be depressed? I would have called it quits at step one.
    I never stated he wouldn't or shouldn't be. I was making a remark on the author's depiction of Zeratul. It made him seem like he was toddler crying in a corner that would never stop. He's an elder of the Dark Templar. I thought that he would say to himself after some time (because everyone needs time to grieve), "Okay. I can still be depressed but I realize that my people need me more than ever and that hiding on a planet, moping around isn't going to help them."
    Last edited by Sarov; 07-25-2010 at 07:41 PM.

I know, that's right. So I think Zeratul can be afforded a little understanding for the things that have occurred. I'm not surprised Zeratul finally said, "I quite this game."
    Aaand sold.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

I know, that's right. So I think Zeratul can be afforded a little understanding for the things that have occurred. I'm not surprised Zeratul finally said, "I quite this game."
    I know but from what I remember of the DT Saga, I don't like the memory. Of course, I haven't read it in a while but as I was typing my post about bad-ass Protoss, my mind immediately went from Tassadar to Zeratul and then to the DT saga... and it did not like what it remembered.

I concede he was being an ass when Jake was trying to get through to him. He was like, "I dun wanna!"
    Aaand sold.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I have to agree with Sarov here. The DT Saga's depiction of Zeratul was totally pissing me off. He was such a cry baby.

Even Raynor is more of a man than him, and all it took was a few words from his buddy Matt. Are Protoss really so hard to convince?

Raynor lost his son, he lost his wife. Kerrigan who he shared a close relationship with, got infested. His Home world got burnt to ash by the Protoss. His buddy Fenix got killed BY Kerrigan. Not to mention a huge part of his rebel force which was also slaughtered by Kerrigan. I think it's safe to say he's suffered as much as Zeratul did.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    I think it's safe to say he's suffered as much as Zeratul did.
    You should seriously reconsider this statement.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

You should seriously reconsider this statement.
    Agreed.

It's one thing to lose a small colony that's under your protection to marauding aliens. It's another thing entirely to be the cause of the death of a planet of billions - then help those marauding aliens establish themselves as the dominant uber-power of the known galaxy.

Raynor? He's just emo because he lost his girlfriend.

Zeratul wins this match.
    Aaand sold.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Uh, are we forgetting the fact that he feels he's directly responsible for CREATING the QoB? Where he feels responsible for Kerrigan killing billions of people? He says it in the campaign himself.

Zeratul is went through a lot sure. But the DT Saga made him look like a pussy, period. He just slunk away to some freaken planet god knows where and hung around in a primitive cot in his loincloth all day.

And Raynor is the one who does anything about it in WoL. I doubt Zeratul is going to do jack. He just likes to cry all day and go seek knowledge about hybrids or whatever.