Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Zerg edible?

Default Are Zerg edible?

Just a silly lil lore question I've always wondered about.

So in a situation where food was scarce and you just killed a few hundred zerglings, would they be edible? Or do they contain some malicious biotoxins that prevent them from being eaten?

Would they be an edible source of food for creatures other than humans? It could be interesting if there was a type of animal that actually preyed on Zerg

Default Re: Are Zerg edible?

They 'might' be edible (presumably the Defiler could overcome any biochemical defences there were), but then there comes the old adage, 'you first'.

They're not edible. They're drinkable!

Ahh... the fangirl art that keeps on giving.

Yup, tastes like chicken.

They taste nasty to humans, but are edible (and need to eat things too).

I doubt anything unintelligent can prey on zerg, since they're tough, can burrow, many are fast, the others are powerful combat monsters... and they always travel in groups.

Even if, say, a bengalaas managed to ambush a hydralisk (and didn't get shot full of spines for its trouble), the zerg have telepathic links; any nearby zerg (and there would be some) would come to rescue said hydralisk.
    Last edited by Kimera757; 06-28-2009 at 07:24 AM.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Not sure, but i think they're probably full of biotoxins and acids. It would be a bad idea to eat them. Maybe if you have a very good understanding of their biology, you can find some edible non-contaminated zone, but it would be like trying to eat fugu that has been shot to death.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I ate an Ultralisk once, tastes like whale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Even if, say, a bengalaas managed to ambush a hydralisk (and didn't get shot full of spines for its trouble), the zerg have telepathic links; any nearby zerg (and there would be some) would come to rescue said hydralisk.
    I don't think so. The zerg could care less if their buddies are killed, they have no emotions. Why would they try to help a single hydra when they could just spawn a new one that in pretty much every way is exactly like the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    I don't think so. The zerg could care less if their buddies are killed, they have no emotions. Why would they try to help a single hydra when they could just spawn a new one that in pretty much every way is exactly like the old one?
    Because it's cheaper? Because they're being directed by overlords? Because, if they don't, bengalaas could wipe out massive numbers of zerg ... and same with actual enemy species.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Of course they are, my toss eat them lings everyday, they don't stand a chance!
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."