Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can/How do Protoss Warp Out buildings?

Default Re: Can/How do Protoss Warp Out buildings?

I'm going to thrust that instead of a side mission with people named after an Escaflowne character, with ridiculous ideas, as some random guy who uses Khydarin crystals to control Cerebrates.
    ... Ignoring the fact that, alas, these campaigns are considered canon. At least Enslavers II was, anyway.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

I think they can't understand how it works, but know how to use it anyways. As far as Psi Blades go, I still think that Psi Blades are actually found on the battlefield by Terrans and modified, but not mass produced.

For Alan Schezar, I think he was getting help from Ulrezaj. When Ulrezaj got captured at the beginning of Dark Vengenace he said that he had allies and plans upon plans. Does anyone know if he was secretly helping Schezar the whole time?

There are different levels of understanding.

I understand how a car works...and at the same time I have no freaking clue how a car works.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I think they can't understand how it works, but know how to use it anyways. As far as Psi Blades go, I still think that Psi Blades are actually found on the battlefield by Terrans and modified, but not mass produced.

For Alan Schezar, I think he was getting help from Ulrezaj. When Ulrezaj got captured at the beginning of Dark Vengenace he said that he had allies and plans upon plans. Does anyone know if he was secretly helping Schezar the whole time?
    As I recall, Schezar was actually a puppet of Ulrezaj. There was a mission in Enslavers II where you actually captured Schezar and blew his Goliath, but then he quickly thanks you for saving him from the bombs laced throughout his Goliath. I think it was one of those cases where Ulrezaj figured it all out and set it up to work and then he showed Schezar the basics of using it.

Also, you have to remember that the guy using the pylons was Duran (who could be some Xel'Naga servant or even a descendant of the race himself) and that the Terran race has access to plenty of Psionic knowledge and energy through the research done with Ghosts. I imagine that the development of the Psi Emmiter and the construction of the Psi Disruptor were no small feats.

And the Emitters and Disruptors were small but crucial stepping stones in terran understanding of psionic technologies, compared to that of the Protoss. Psyblades were developed from Protoss technology, which would require some back engineering in order to get them compatible with terran power sources. Moreover, even though Duran may have given the terran engineers knowledge of Khaydarin, it shows that Terrans have the capacity to understand it, at least in a limited fashion. Finally, the Terran Gestalt was the direct result of a synthesis of Protoss and Human technologies and genetics.

In any case, it would be irresponsible for the Protoss to leave their equipment scattered across a battlefield for others to acquire.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Right, you know, they do try not to let their technology fall into the wrong hands (if a unit can be salvaged it will, like zealots, otherwise it seems like it's explosion is enough to destroy any valuable tech.), however considering the possibility of leakage which isn't impossible, I think Gestalt project was possible. I even guess that it could have succeeded if they had found a Dark templar's warp blade which is more powerful than a normal zealot psi blade (and easier to control since it doesn't require the nerve cords as far as I know since Dark templars cut theirs due to their refusal to join the khala) You know, a Dark templar can slice a zergling or even a marine with a single attack! I think it needs some understanding of the void though.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
    As I recall, Schezar was actually a puppet of Ulrezaj. There was a mission in Enslavers II where you actually captured Schezar and blew his Goliath, but then he quickly thanks you for saving him from the bombs laced throughout his Goliath. I think it was one of those cases where Ulrezaj figured it all out and set it up to work and then he showed Schezar the basics of using it.
    We don't know how far back their partnership went though. The original Enslavers had no mention of Ulrezaj at all. Was he secretly helping him the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
    I imagine that the development of the Psi Emmiter and the construction of the Psi Disruptor were no small feats.
    The Psi Disruptor & Emitter were powerful, but not very advanced. The disruptor essentially filled up all the bandwidth of the Zerg hive mind & prevented the Overmind from getting anything done. It took a bunch of energy to keep it online 24/7. Really, the only things the two technologies do is amplify psionics. The Protoss are more eco-friendly, and haven't really created anything that uses so much energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Psyblades were developed from Protoss technology, which would require some back engineering in order to get them compatible with terran power sources. Moreover, even though Duran may have given the terran engineers knowledge of Khaydarin, it shows that Terrans have the capacity to understand it, at least in a limited fashion.
    The thing about Psi Blades is that they appear to be self-sufficient units. The Psi Blade itself is just a separate arm piece. It appears that all it does is amplify mental energies through a crystal and doesn't need any outside equipment to help with this task. So yes, while Terran engineers could modify relatively simply Psi Blades, don't expect them to have better luck with anything more advanced.

In any case, it would be irresponsible for the Protoss to leave their equipment scattered across a battlefield for others to acquire.
    As mentioned before, the Psi Blade is a separate unit, and there are two on each arm, making it extremely easy to lose. Say a Zealot gets his arm cut off. His entire body & suit warps back to Shakuras, but the arm with the psi blade unit stays on the battlefield.

Finally, the Terran Gestalt was the direct result of a synthesis of Protoss and Human technologies and genetics.
    Gestalt didn't really blend any technologies - it was just a tissue cross-transplant. The only Protoss tech he really had seemed to be his Psi Blades. The rest of his armor appeared completely Terran to me.