View Poll Results: Is the Zealot too slow when unupgraded?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should be slightly faster

7 33.33%
  • No, it's fine as it is

14 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zealot: too slow?

Default Re: Zealot: too slow?

imho, if someone is gunna go pure marauders, i get 2 gates, get charge tech, while that's being bult get 3rd gate, start researching and just macro up and defend myself, i then start teching for HT or Collosi, while im teching my chargelots will be able to rape any harass because you keep massing them. try and expo around the time you have charge. UPGRADES MAKE A DIFFERENCE, you want to get those when you can, im not saying get 2 at a time, get 1 at a time when resources allow

i wooped protoss butt pretty good this way :P

Quote Originally Posted by tam View Post
    zealots are slow for a pretty good reason. they are slow because they do an insane amount of dps when they finally do attack the enemy. marines die quick, and so do marauders once u catch them. they are slow to give the early games of both zerg and terrain a chance against any kind of zealot rush. changing their speed would open the cheese factor by making tons of zealot rushes, as what do they have to fear anymore if they can catch up to them?
    Uhm, but Zerglings are melee too, and are a lot more faster. I'm talking about a slight speedup, still not able to catch Zerglings, which are fast.

About Marauders, with Slow the Zealots would be slown down enough for Marines to deal a lot of damage. Marauders also provide tanking for the Marines. As it's now, the Zealots are so slow, that can be kited easily by Marauders with slow, Marines alone, Stalkers, etc.

Oh, well, at least the Zealots have enough HP to provide tanking until the infantry ball gets bigger.

i wouldnt compare zerglings to zealots, as yes they are melee, but they are 0.5 supply, weak hp, and need the swarm to be affective against 1 zealot
    "look at the pretty mushroom clowds..." ~ gifted

"please, spade and neuter your pets....or else i'll nuke you!" ~ gifted

"My Wife For Hire!" "uhh dude its my life for aiur" "ahh.....makes more sense..."

Quote Originally Posted by tam View Post
    i wouldnt compare zerglings to zealots, as yes they are melee, but they are 0.5 supply, weak hp, and need the swarm to be affective against 1 zealot
    Yes, i didn't meant that "the Zerglings are melee and are still fast", i meant that the Zerglings are melee also, so upgrading the movement speed of the Zealot slightly won't really change a lot for Zealot vs Zergling, because both units will engage at the same time, no matter the movement speed. Obviously, the Zergling's speed can be used to bypass Zealots and attack other units, but even with a slight upgrade the Zealots still won't be able to catch Zerglings, as they're much faster.

Zealots are meant to be kiteable early in the game. A mass zealot army will of course get kited without charge, but if you back them up with just a couple Stalkers (which are quite fast) they become the meat shield and the Stalkers will just own everything they are chasing.
    Learn the 3 simple steps to better macro and more wins - Starcraft 2 macro guide

Want to improve your Terran gameplay? Better learn all the Starcraft 2 Terran strategies that you can!