Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is SCII to easy to master?

Default Re: Is SCII to easy to master?

This game is easy to play =) If you dont like regular matches then you can play custom maps like EVOLVE or Risk. Maybe a very popular game like Dota from WC3 will come out for SC2 and you can play that. You dont have to play matches. I dont play real matches in WC3, I just play Dota LOL

SCI's interface and mechanics were kind of like trying to play a game of chess with broken fingers.

SCII is easy to pick-up in a general way...but by no means an easy game to master.

In three months, if you're a high level diamond player and rarely lose a match...I'd say your on your way to mastering this game.

And I would consider a true master someone who can use all three races relatively well...not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by limE View Post
    Hehehe!, what i meant was that noone would be pro's (earning money by playing the game) Only averege players.
    Kind of like how soccer has no pros. Or basketball. They're both easy sports. There's nobody named Michael Jordan; he's just an average player who made no money. He only ever won due to luck.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

E-sports is growing more and more. It is quite mature in Korea, but it is starting to be an integral part of our culture, so we might see more pro's in the future in every region. Sc2 is harder to master than sc1 i think. Reason being that SC1 is already at its saturation point. There are RARELY any new strategies. If you're playing a matchup, you can only play it a certain way, no other, whereas in SC2, the amount of strategic innovation provided by the diverse tech trees of each race opens up more possibilities and thus more paths to master.

The interface is easy to get used to, so are certain mechanics. However, what is hard as hell is to keep using those mechanics consistently while microing your army and keeping your money low.

For Protoss, e.g. you have to be keeping up your macro and never forgetting to use chronoboost. Having excess chronoboost energy means there is something you're not speeding up. Once you've gone up your tech tree. You need to use the CB to pump out upgrades and units as fast as possible. That is not easy by any means.

In sc1, if you knew how to click your gateways fast and assuming you remembered each time to go back to your main and build more units, you could macro up pretty fast. In sc2, not only can you macro up at that same rate but you can even go faster and produce a lot more using things like warp-in and chronoboosting your stargates or Robotics. And later on, all your gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyze View Post
    Where did IdrA say that?? I doubt he did, cause if anyone relies on hours apon hours of practice, its IdrA.

But I dont think this conversation is reasonable. Look at IdrA for example, he plays 8-12 hours a day of SC2 and he still isnt the best, compared to people like White-Ra and DIMAGA who plays way less than that.

It will still always come down to who is the more talented player. Theres a reason why most of the solid players still go 90% in ladder, and this is just beta, wait until the metagame evolves to the complicated strategies, which we dont see anything right now.

I envision the future being filled with 2-3 attacks at the same time, lots of baneling drops and nydus worming, warpgates being used to the fullest potential for harassing and defending, medivacs being used for once like dropships in the Boxer days, etc. There is a lot that CAN go on in SC2, but right now everyone is just stuck in this mold of massing the biggest army to win. Once buildorders become more solidified to defend against the timing pushes we see right now, the game will become more complex like BW did.

Look at the first 5-6 years of BW, it was very basic.. Defilers wernt even used back then, neither was corsair harassing and the protoss fast expo bisu build. Think about that.. 5-6 YEARS before we saw those things.. SC2's beta has been around for 5-6 months, or less.

He's said it in two interviews. I think one was posted on ArtosisTV's channel.

I'll try not to get to offtopic, but I remember in an interview with Idra and Tasteless. They were alittle afraid that everyone could see theire exact build order and match history, so that their opponents could see what they where training on.
    Do you think this will increase the proples skill or do u think that this will ruin the element off surprise or?
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Kind of like how soccer has no pros. Or basketball. They're both easy sports. There's nobody named Michael Jordan; he's just an average player who made no money. He only ever won due to luck.
    Sarcasm right?

Hells no, easy to master??? Lets play, I'll see how well you master it.