Thread: Which game?

Default Which game?

I currently got 1200 wii points. But I don't know which game to download.
    I am currently thinking about these games,
    Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Kirby 64 crystal shards
    Pokemon snap

If you got any ideas feel free to post them. But I don't know which game to download.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Default Re: Which game?

Here is my opinion: get either Majora's MAsk or Kirby 64. Assuming one has never played the games, here is a bit about them:

Majora's Mask is an awesome game and in, my opinion, is a lot more fun than Ocarina of Time. It has a lot of neat soundtracks (Sonata of Awakening, Song of Healing to name a few). You get to do more things in Majora's Mask than you do in Ocarina of Time. There are a lot of fun mini-game like events. I won't say exactly what in case you've never played it.

Kirby 64 has some fun game-play with the choices and matches you can get when swallowing certain enemies. The music is fun and the game-play can be addicting. It's an awesome game that reminds me of the good ol' days with the grey-scale Kirby game for the original Gameboy (yes, as in that massive grey block with magenta buttons).

Pokemon Snap is boring. You just sit in a moving train-like taking pictures of Pokemon. Not what I would call much fun.

I would chose either Majora's Mask if I wanted to reminisce about the N64 Zelda series. However, seeing as I've play Kirby 64 less than Majora's Mask and the time between now and the last time I played it is much greater than the time between when I last played Majora's Mask and now, I might be more inclined to pick Kirby.

In short, if you want an adventure game with a 'big' world (for the N64) or like Zelda more, pick Majora's Mask. If you like side-scrolling games pick Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.

Or you know, you could look them up and make a decision that way.

Either way, hope that helps you.

Not really, I've borrowed ocarine of time at several occasions so I was thinking about downloading that aswell but I have beatin it several times already.

Also I have played kirby 64 at a friend and iIrc I have also borrowed it and beaten the whole game. I got pretty strong feelings about this game that it was fun, maybe I would grow bored because I have played it already.

I remember playing pokemon snap at a friend when we were younger, it's a different kind of playstyle which I sort of also wanted for just a few times. The problem is problary that I might only play it once/twice and then to never play it again. But still I added it to the list because those once/twice times could be pretty entertaining.

I've only watched other people played majora's mask actaully, it didn't really seem to be that fun actaully. But it's a big adventure with alot of secrets like ocarina. But I am waiting for Sc2 campaign for that kind of stuffs actaully, but the gameplay isn't alike at all but it seems to be time consuming. It might be because I was so disappointed with twilight priestess. (I didn't knew it was originally for gamecube when I bhought it...)

I don't know if there is any other "big" games for n64 or snes etc. that might be fun to get. I already got donkey kong country 2, dkc 3 seemed to be boring...

I got 1200 points, so I won't get the world of goo game which seemed pretty funny.

Hey, If you are thinking for Zelda: Majora's Mask then i must say your choice is really wonderful. Well!! this summer me and my friends playing GTA 5 as the series of GTA making me crazy ever since One of my friends suggested me to Buy Grand Theft Auto V along with CD keys in best deal price from the official site of Instant-gaming..
    Last edited by monasears; 05-06-2017 at 02:26 AM.

I would like to play battlefield 1, overwatch games online.

DonnyZeDoof's Avatar Junior Member

Does anyone here know any non-Blizzard games with a similar story to StarCraft? In fact is there any book, film etc with a similar story to StarCraft (not including StarCraft books)?

I've looked around but I can't find any.

I heard Homeworld was good but I didn't like it. The problem with it is that it's too plot-driven and not enough character driven. You sort of just get told of events in third person. You don't really get to see them that much. There also aren't any big memorable characters that you get to follow. There are big characters but you sort of just get told about them rather than interact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyZeDoof View Post
    Does anyone here know any non-Blizzard games with a similar story to StarCraft? In fact is there any book, film etc with a similar story to StarCraft (not including StarCraft books)?

I've looked around but I can't find any.

I heard Homeworld was good but I didn't like it. The problem with it is that it's too plot-driven and not enough character driven. You sort of just get told of events in third person. You don't really get to see them that much. There also aren't any big memorable characters that you get to follow. There are big characters but you sort of just get told about them rather than interact with them.
    Hmm not that many.

Things you should try:
    -Starship troopers the first movie (that's the best movie similar to starcraft you will ever watch)
    -Warhammer 40k Dawn of war 1
    -Halo series except the RTS games

Apparently the alien vs predator books are good too. I never read them. The AvP games were alright though.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyZeDoof View Post
    If you mean similar to Starcraft in terms of it having 3 factions and is sci-fi, you could try Grey Goo. Never played it so I can't say if the story is driven by it characters or not but it's a more recent game in a similar vein.

Another one that is perhaps as close to Starcraft in terms of character driven story, sci-fi and having 3 factions would be Universe at War. The setup/world-building is actually pretty neat and quite unique.

Supreme Commander is an interesting 3 faction, sci-fi game but the story and characters are kinda bland.

An unusual and unique 3rd person, RTS/shooter fantasy game called Sacrifice might be an interesting option for you to take but only because James Phinney, co-creator of Starcraft 1's story, wrote the story for this game. It's interesting because you can probably glean which parts Phinney may have written in Sc when you play a game universe which he wrote the story for himself.

Other than that, you'd really have to look for older games though if you want "story" in RTS. Old Westwood games like the Command and Conquer series (the very first one is surprisingly good despite the low-budget FMV) and Dune are interesting in varying degrees. The Dawn of War (WH40k) games stories are pretty grim and straightforward but they've got the aethetics that Starcraft built itself up on. Age of mythology and Rise of Nations are interesting in the story of a hero going through an adventure and meeting new characters, enemies and working his through the 3 main factions of the games. A hidden gem within the old games is one called Battle Realms. It's got 4 factions (only 3 in the actual story) and is a fantasy with Asian inspirations. If you can get past the blockish and dated graphics (though they were praised back then for making the maps feel like it was alive through environmental cues and units that were characterful with amusing and useful idle unit animations) and the story in the game being rote despite some interesting characters, the manual descriptions of each every unit in the game and backstory to it all is really great if you can get your hands on it. It's got some unique gameplay as well and is hellishly difficult at times.

I would've recommended Earth 2150 and Sins of a Solar Empire, too, for the universes they construct but these have less in the way of characters and story than even Homeworld had. Homeworld's story isn't about any one single character (that's what Homeworld 2 tried to do and the story kinda suffers for it) but grand themes - in this case, about loss and the collective need of a people trying to find a home - than traditional narrative. Part of Homeworld's experience involves having to read the manual to have those themes resonate more.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Yes, there are many, many books like StarCraft. The whole military sci-fi genre is like StarCraft. Read the blurbs, find ones with aliens, and buy the cheap eBooks on Amazon. Grade-A StarCraft-like books on Amazon for $1.99, all of them better than StarCraft 2 just about.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.