Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybrids and insfestations

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Hybrids and insfestations

I doubt that. It's part human, which makes it weak. You can give it Protoss nerve cords, but the brain is still largely human. And can it turn into energy? Use precognition? Not to mention the fact that it's as small as a human and doesn't have the power of a horse in each of its muscle fibers like a regular Protoss.
    Um, Kerrigan was human too, and she was shown directly combating Zealots in the Story Recap. The fact that she stopped Tassadar's attempt to defeat the Zerg goes to show that an above average (and named) Ghost can be pretty capable. And she was only an above average Ghost (PI 8), just like Gestalt (PI 7.5). It's not like she was amazing until after her infestation. Kerrigan pre-infestation didn't have any precognition and couldn't turn into energy either. She had a gun, she was a Ghost.

Being able to use precognition and turning into energy does not automatically equal a win. GZ might not be able to directly combat a Zealot but he's not an idiot, he's shown to be smart as when he took down Burgess with his extra explosive. And he's also shown that he's a stealth fighter against opponents he knows he probably can't directly combat. He managed to sneak into a Protoss base and neutralize a high templar, and it's obvious he's not stupid because he waited for Muadun's DT friend to leave first. I'm sure he could handle Zealots just by use of guns and explosives.
    Last edited by Pandonetho; 07-09-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

She didn't stop the Protoss though - maybe held a section of their fleet back or something - but they got down to the surface anyway. I think we both know that mission was thrown into the game so that the player could fight Protoss. Plus Mengsk said that his army was "the equivalent of anything the confederacy could wield" - it's not like Kerrigan was singlehandedly dropping Zealots down there. If Kerrigan or any Terran Ghost kills a Zealot it's because they shoot the Zealot with a gun from a safe distance.

She didn't stop the Protoss though - maybe held a section of their fleet back or something - but they got down to the surface anyway. I think we both know that mission was thrown into the game so that the player could fight Protoss. Plus Mengsk said that his army was "the equivalent of anything the confederacy could wield" - it's not like Kerrigan was singlehandedly dropping Zealots down there. If Kerrigan or any Terran Ghost kills a Zealot it's because they shoot the Zealot with a gun from a safe distance.
    How do you know Kerrigan wasn't singlehandedly dropping Zealots? Even if it's with a gun, it's still single handed if she did it by herself. And yes, it's from a safe distance as we can see she did use a gun, I never said any Ghost could directly combat a Zealot (that's just ridiculous even by my standards, except for Nova who is the most powerful Terran psychic). My point is that their use of guns and the way they were trained could let them take out Zealots.

Also, in the story recap with 3 Zealots charging at Kerrigan, she didn't look more than 10 meters away. Most likely she just did some crazy acrobatic crap to avoid getting diced while constantly shooting at those poor old range-less Zealots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    How do you know Kerrigan wasn't singlehandedly dropping Zealots? Even if it's with a gun, it's still single handed if she did it by herself. And yes, it's from a safe distance as we can see she did use a gun, I never said any Ghost could directly combat a Zealot (that's just ridiculous even by my standards, except for Nova who is the most powerful Terran psychic). My point is that their use of guns and the way they were trained could let them take out Zealots.

Also, in the story recap with 3 Zealots charging at Kerrigan, she didn't look more than 10 meters away. Most likely she just did some crazy acrobatic crap to avoid getting diced while constantly shooting at those poor old range-less Zealots.
    Well, that's your prerogative. :P

I personally think that painting is unrealistic and that Kerrigan would have been sliced into ribbons if she let the Zealots get any closer. For all we know there were a billion Marines behind her in the painting.

I personally think that painting is unrealistic and that Kerrigan would have been sliced into ribbons if she let the Zealots get any closer. For all we know there were a billion Marines behind her in the painting.
    lol yes, it is my prerogative that Kerrigan beat the Protoss in that scenario.

Spartan13's Avatar Junior Member

i'd like to see some strogification by terrans take zerg protoss parts and fuse them with some human bodies...

lol yes, it is my prerogative that Kerrigan beat the Protoss in that scenario.
    So what's your point anyway? You could put any random loser in Kerrigan's or Gestalt Zero's place, give him a gun and he would be just as effective. What are Kerrigan or Gestalt going to do against a Zealot huh? Increase their suit's speed psionically? That's worth nothing because they're not allowed to even close with the Zealot or they die. Best they can do is try to run away, and then fail at it since Zealots are giants with cybernetic leg enhancements that use psionics to increase their speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I doubt that. It's part human, which makes it weak. You can give it Protoss nerve cords, but the brain is still largely human. And can it turn into energy? Use precognition? Not to mention the fact that it's as small as a human and doesn't have the power of a horse in each of its muscle fibers like a regular Protoss.
    That's a part of plot, unfortunately. He did take out three or four Zealots.
    I haven't read the comic book but I remember reading that link on Gestalt Zero.

And if I'm not mistaken, he became that powerful only after having Muadun cords implanted.

When I've been watching that recap I thought that Zealots would pass her and just run further to fight the Zerg, paying no attention to Sarah.
    Last edited by Kknewkles; 07-09-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Kknewkles View Post
    That's a part of history, unfortunately. He did take out for or five Zealots. I haven't read the comic book but I remember reading the link on Gestalt Zero.
    No. He took out Khalai who had zero training under their belt - basic Protoss workers/citizens. He also took out Muadun by sneaking up on him after he retired to live in peace. Gestalt never fought any Protoss with their armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    No. He took out Khalai who had zero training under their belt - basic Protoss workers/citizens. He also took out Muadun by sneaking up on him after he retired to live in peace. Gestalt never fought any Protoss with their armor.
    Excellent then. The very idea of any terran with any enhancement beating Zealot disgusts me...

No offence to terrans and you, Pandonetho
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft