Thread: Lurker Remake: The Zerg Bagwyrm

Default Lurker Remake: The Zerg Bagwyrm

LOL, that name was just random.

I'm just bored and was thinking about the Lurker and the Broodlord, and I thought to myself, what if they were merged?

The Bagwrym is a land unit that produces Broodling-like units. It incubates 3 at a time in a breeding sac or "Bag". Lets call them Brood Worms. The requirement for Brood Worm production are soil nutrients and heat, so the Bagwyrm can only produce Brood Worms while burrowed.

Mechanics?

Much like the Lurker, the Bagwyrm attacks while burrowed and much like the Broodlord, it attacks using melee units with timed life.

The resultant unit is somewhat like the Lurker but with much more micro potential. It can burrow, produce 3 worms and when an enemy comes by, attack. Thereafter it can un-burrow relocate and burrow once more and get ready for another volley.

For Heart of the Swarm maybe? You Likey?

Play Protoss? Look for the map Photon Cannon Tactics in the NA server!

Default Re: Lurker Remake: The Zerg Bagwyrm

For me this is a unit that still needs more uniqueness. Cuz right now all I see is a Reaver/Lurker/Brood Lord mix. But this unit does have potential. But with your current build of it right now, my question is:

Although the "Brood Worms" can only be produced while the "Bagwyrm" is burrowed, does the "Bagwyrm" still have to be burrowed in order to attack? And do the "Brood Worms" come up to attack or do they stay burrowed and attack?

Yours Truly,
    SonOfChaos

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfChaos View Post
    For me this is a unit that still needs more uniqueness. Cuz right now all I see is a Reaver/Lurker/Brood Lord mix. But this unit does have potential. But with your current build of it right now, my question is:

Although the "Brood Worms" can only be produced while the "Bagwyrm" is burrowed, does the "Bagwyrm" still have to be burrowed in order to attack? And do the "Brood Worms" come up to attack or do they stay burrowed and attack?
    Well my idea is that that the worms burrow move and surface near the target and this only happens when the Bagwyrm is under.

Play Protoss? Look for the map Photon Cannon Tactics in the NA server!

Looks like Brood Lord and Tinker Pocket Factory had a baby.
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft

I like it, but it shouldn't be a replacement for the Brood Lord, which is essential for breaking turtling terrans. Make it a new tier 3 unit.

JohnUcrazy's Avatar Junior Member

Draw a picture of one, then we'll talk details.

Quote Originally Posted by Sietsh-Tenk View Post
    I like it, but it shouldn't be a replacement for the Brood Lord, which is essential for breaking turtling terrans. Make it a new tier 3 unit.
    I don't think was referring to the "Bagwyrm" as a replacement unit for the Brood Lord. He was just suggesting a new unit idea that can be added into any future expansion set.

To further my question: Why does the "Bag Wyrm" have to be burrowed in order to attack? What type of connection does the "Bagwyrm" have with the "Brood Worms" that the "Bag Wyrm" must be burrowed in order to attack? (I know this is going into a lot of unit lore detail but this unit really piques my interest)
    Last edited by SonOfChaos; 07-03-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Yours Truly,
    SonOfChaos