Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Deathly Hallows

Default Re: The Deathly Hallows

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    There's supposed to be a huge battle as the Death Eaters leave Hogwarts, but in the movie they just walk outside unhindered except by Potter's feeble attempts at Snape.
    I actually watched a little behind the scenes thing on this after HP6 was released. The main reason for cutting this battle was so that it wouldn't take away from the uber battle that will come at the end of film seven.

In the novels, two battles at Hogwarts spread over two books worked fine, but in the movies, it might have ended up feeling like they were visually treading on similar ground.

For me, film four and book four were the weakest of the bunch. I just thought the plot was so convoluted. And I do agree with past posts...Voldemort is not scary enough. He comes off like a cartoon character. The little boy version of him we see at the orphanage in part six was far creepier. Little kid looked liked a psychopath.

Last edited by //MavericK\\; 07-01-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Meh. The first one was kinda boring, and I've had no desire to watch any of the others. Guess I'm just not a fan of the HP franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    Meh. The first one was kinda boring, and I've had no desire to watch any of the others. Guess I'm just not a fan of the HP franchise.
    Actually, I find it hilarious that I'm a fan at all. Before the movies...I thought HP was just some silly kids book (the earlier ones still kind of are). My mom and dad actually bribed me to go see the first movie by offering me a nice lunch out. So I went...for the food...and the rest, as they say, is history.

I'm an HP nut now...there's no going back. Ever.

You thought Goblet of Fire was the most convoluted? I felt Prisoner of Azkaban was. I mean, it featured some of my favorite characters, but the contrivances and leaps made in that book annoyed the hell outta me.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    You thought Goblet of Fire was the most convoluted? I felt Prisoner of Azkaban was. I mean, it featured some of my favorite characters, but the contrivances and leaps made in that book annoyed the hell outta me.
    For me, the Prisoner of Azkabahn film kind of refreshed the whole series, moving it in a darker, grittier direction. It gave the film franchise more edge and I think it's definitely one of the stronger films.

Edit: The series, as a whole, is very contrived.
    Last edited by //MavericK\\; 07-01-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by //MavericK\\ View Post
    For me, the Prisoner of Azkabahn film kind of refreshed the whole series, moving it in a darker, grittier direction. It gave the film franchise more edge and I think it's definitely one of the stronger films.

The Prisoner of Azkaban was the only decent HP movie (and even then it got things wrong). They should've made the other movies at least as gritty and dark, and much more plot oriented, HP is an adventure story after all.

Oh God. The ending sequence revolving around the Wands -- just, don't, don't get me started. The last book was the most contrived of all of them. Azkaban was a walk in the park by comparison.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I had forgotten this crap still existed.

Same here. The books have been torn apart from critics, the world is flat and full of genre cliches, lacks depth and intelligence and is geared towards allowing a 10 year old to read it.

Why would I want to waste my time on a movie of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Harry Potter? Meh.