Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SC: Survivors Cinematic

Default Re: SC: Survivors Cinematic

Wow. I mean WOW. The cinematography was breathtaking. I love that you manipulated the sizes so things are more to proper scale. I mean, I know that sounds obvious, but I was taken aback when it panned through the valley, showcasing the protoss architecture supported by numerous small pylons.

The only thing I was hoping for, when the protoss and zerg clashed, was for the protoss force to be significantly smaller, but just carve a swath of death through the swarm.

Excellent, moving music. You gotta keep us updated, and you GOT TO cast people for voice recordings.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

God, this is amazing. Can't wait to help you test it. This is looking to be one of the best early campaigns and will set the bar high for those in the future. You've also gotten me excited to see what Blizzard themselves can do with in-game on-the-map cinematics. If a user can do this in such a short time, imagine what developers can do with their own product and years of development.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-01-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    God, this is amazing. Can't wait to help you test it. This is looking to be one of the best early campaigns and will set the bar high for those in the future. You've also gotten me excited to see what Blizzard themselves can do with in-game on-the-map cinematics. If a user can do this in such a short time, imagine what developers can do with their own product and years of development.
    Interestingly enough, I am fearful that it might not even live up to it. If theres something I've come to learn is that the community tends to have a better grasp on the B.A. factor of whatever it is they are a fan of. Hence the CGI cinematics from our fellow community member...(Forgot his screen name )

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Wow. I mean WOW. The cinematography was breathtaking. I love that you manipulated the sizes so things are more to proper scale. I mean, I know that sounds obvious, but I was taken aback when it panned through the valley, showcasing the protoss architecture supported by numerous small pylons.
    I completely agree. I was totally disappointed on many SC2 mapster submissions where people make an epic scene but without proper scaling. This does it very well.

Interestingly enough, I am fearful that it might not even live up to it. If theres something I've come to learn is that the community tends to have a better grasp on the B.A. factor of whatever it is they are a fan of. Hence the CGI cinematics from our fellow community member...(Forgot his screen name )
    I agree, Blizzard's cinematics don't utilize anything but what's in the game so we don't really see crazy things happening. But who knows this time around, they've certainly picked up a new direction with the SP since their last games, so hopefully they pull through and give us awesomeness.

I'm hoping that in-game cut-scenes will be exactly like this, but I agree with Pandonetho and DragoonX that they'll be subpar by comparison.

I'm gonna watch it again.

EDIT Done. Also wanted to share my favorite moments.

1.) This is the reveal I was talking about earlier. I just love it.

2.) Nice cropping.

3.) I know it's completely coincidence, but the Zealot attacks at the same time the Ultra does, conveying the illusion that he ducked the Ultra's attack, which is amazing.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 07-02-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    Aaand sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    I completely agree. I was totally disappointed on many SC2 mapster submissions where people make an epic scene but without proper scaling. This does it very well.

I agree, Blizzard's cinematics don't utilize anything but what's in the game so we don't really see crazy things happening. But who knows this time around, they've certainly picked up a new direction with the SP since their last games, so hopefully they pull through and give us awesomeness.
    I can only hope to be surprised. The small clips of cinematics we've seen are certainly a huge turn in favor compared to SC1.

(Not in terms of quality but the actual content. How many SC1 CGIs showed actual worthwhile combat?)

@Dragoonx: Undoubtedly, the later cinematic will be better once the fans use their own customs, learn the editor and how to best make use of it, and what not. But, until then, Blizzard has an upper hand and if a community member can do this ... imagine what Blizzard can do. They might have reserved all in-game cutscenes to the story-mode space though.

EDIT: I missed "B.A. factor". I can agree with you on that in many ways

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    I just saw how much similar video is heavy after compresion - 130mb
    and it is in 1920x1200 with HD quality
    so I guess that it won't be a problem
    I will be able to take hold of a real PC, and it seems to be capable of rendering at somewhat better quality -- not as big as a 1920x1200 though. It promises some 1200x760 or something or more. But with new added changes it might stick to the 1200 size.

Just so you wont have to hold your breath or something. And there might be minute things that could prove a bit tedious like finding the best flock arrangements, timing the shot and animations. They're manual TBH. Press M, N, Q, W, E at precise times for example then f9 to record. And some minor stuff that would prove so much easier if I work on them on the fly.

Sorry to have replied a bit late, my DSL provider is out of commission for the time being.

Regarding the blizzard quality stuff, I thought that Hyperion get's attacked by mutas is an in-game cinematic in real-time? I thought everything that we saw there including Matt having to look at his watch, etc were all in-game stuff?

It was definitely all in-game.

Yep, in-game engine and graphics. I can't wait to see that part again, since the graphics have been upgraded since that last reveal.
    Aaand sold.