Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Starcraft Music/Commericial Video

Default Re: My First Starcraft Music/Commericial Video

It's actually better than most video montages I have seen related to StarCraft 2. Great work btw, and the feeling in the music is geat.

BTW, why no Avatar Sarov? ^^

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by //MavericK\\ View Post
    Awesome.

Music was perfect and synced very well.
    Thank you, //MavericK\\!

I thought I did a good job with the timing as well, myself. My favourite part is the fighting scenes with Zeratul that transition into the Ultralisk fighting the marines and back again.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    It's actually better than most video montages I have seen related to StarCraft 2. Great work btw, and the feeling in the music is geat.

BTW, why no Avatar Sarov? ^^
    Thanks a lot, Blade.

It's just such a shame that the quality of the clips I had used, which were all either High Definition or High Quality, were messed up because of Windows Movie Maker. Since then, I've been trying to get a better program but with no luck.

As for the avatar, it seems like the most popular thing on this forum now are avatars and signatures of Kerrigan. So I was going to change it but, because I couldn't find a character that I could identify with that was also female, I opted not to use an avatar.

Hi,

you can use Corel Videostudio pro which is free for 30 days (then you can easily find it "free"). It's a powerfull video editing software but also very easy to use.
    I think it's the perfect software to do things like you did with windows movie maker.

Also i'm surprise WMMaker fucked up the quality, which encoding options did you choose?

oh and good job, beside the quality the timing&sound are pretty good

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by vuser86 View Post
    Hi,

you can use Corel Videostudio pro which is free for 30 days (then you can easily find it "free"). It's a powerfull video editing software but also very easy to use.
    I think it's the perfect software to do things like you did with windows movie maker.
    The problem with trials is that I can only use them for 30 days. I don't like doing trials because once it's over, I have to find a new program. The biggest problem is that every video editing software uses its own file type which means if I don't have access to the program anymore, there's no point in keeping the file. I also don't have enough money to buy a program hence why I am looking for free ones.

Also i'm surprise WMMaker fucked up the quality, which encoding options did you choose?
    See the problem is that, even though the clips all were of very good quality, it still messed it up even before I had to resort to HyperCam. I had to use HyperCam because it wouldn't let me save the project as a movie file (see below for reasons). And before anyone suggests it, HyperCam did not mess up the quality because the quality is still the same.

I never got to save it because WMM kept giving me the same error suggesting that a) the original source files used in my movie are unavailable, b) that the saving location is unavailable or c) that there isn't is enough free disk space available.

A) is a lie because if they didn't exist anymore, there would be red 'X's where the videos (or clips of them) were used and there aren't. B) is a lie becuase I have never deleted the "My Videos" folder. C) is also a lie because the video is only roughly 14 MB in size and I have over 500 GB on my hard-drive.

oh and good job, beside the quality the timing&sound are pretty good
    Heh. Thank you.