Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here has gone back to B.Net 1 ?

Default Who here has gone back to B.Net 1 ?

Since the SC2 Beta is down I'm a little lost, so I've gone back to B.Net 1.
    I got a bit confused for a while in game as I decided to go Marines and Medivacs until I built a Starport and realised that I couldn't build medivacs anymore....

Who else has gone back to B.net 1?
    My old fansite: http://www.starcraftpad.netfirms.com/ I made.

'Mensk, if I wanted your damn opinion I would have beaten it outa ya' - Jim Raynor

Default Re: Who here has gone back to B.Net 1 ?

I played Starcraft 1 again. I couldn't believe how shitty that game is:

You can't que buildings.
    Refineries don't snap to geysers (pretty annoying actually, I was 1 block off and kept clicking)
    Money isn't deduced when you plant it, only when you start building the building. I've done it so many times where I plant a bunch of buldings and only a few start because I'm missing 4 or 6 minerals due to other buildings starting first or buying units.
    Mech factory is 200/150!!!
    Protoss Cybernetics is 200!
    Graphics are an eye sore.
    Joining games are hit or miss, netcode is utter BS compared to B.net 2.0
    Pathfinding is pretty atrocious although I do like the formation move a bit better.
    Sound is the only redeeming aspect of SC1 now.

meh yeah i cant believe how boring sc1 is now. kudos to blizzard... i guess

I agree with all of Wankey's points.
    I have even tried playing the Single Player Campaign.... it is just so slow and boring. 8 hydra's can hold off any attack the computer throws at me with the right micro

'Mensk, if I wanted your damn opinion I would have beaten it outa ya' - Jim Raynor

Quote Originally Posted by bigmiddy View Post
    I agree with all of Wankey's points.
    I have even tried playing the Single Player Campaign.... it is just so slow and boring. 8 hydra's can hold off any attack the computer throws at me with the right micro
    I'm the opposite on that. I still enjoy the campaign, probably because I'm looking forward to SC2 so much I want to brush up on the lore. I do agree that the single player gameplay does seem a bit slow and easy now. Speaking of which, are they planning on having a difficulty setting for single player in SC2?

But the multiplayer experience is definitely inferior after playing SC2 for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabber Wookie View Post
    Speaking of which, are they planning on having a difficulty setting for single player in SC2?
    Yes. I believe there are achivements for beating it on each difficulty as well.

I mashed "e" instead of "p", and forgot to tell my last 2 probes to gather. Yeah, SC1 is boring now. I might go back to play a little SP but SC2 has just completely blown it away.

Agreed with Havox, there will be difficulty settings for Single player in SC2 since there will be achivements for the game. But on topic again, i did go for back to SC1 for probably 1/2 hour till i realized that it was very very under powered compared to SC2 which had que abilities and money on building drop along with many other ideas that have been brought in to the SC universe.
    I know only two things to be unlimited the Universe and human stupidity

not being able to set auto worker rally points on resources is driving me up the wall.

Trying to do single player missions without loosing a single unit is now keeping me entertained!
    Last edited by bigmiddy; 06-11-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Another annoyance, you can't see where you rallied to. Often times I clicked the ground expecting a line, and then clicking again thinking it was bugged. Then I remembered that there was no line in SC1. Puff!