Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This "game" is an abomination in the eyes of the Emperor!

Default Re: This "game" is an abomination in the eyes of the Emperor!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    Haha, I wouldn't say being a Terran marine is a cause to sigh with relief.
    While the manual gives a Terran Marine a short life expectancy, Imperial Guardsman definitely have an even shorter one than that.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. Knowledge is power, guard it well.

mmm love the quotes in that franchise.

You shall all serve the Swarm!!!

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    You shall all serve Sarov!!!
    Corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeptusAstartes View Post
    Heretics! Hear my words! You have been corrupted by the Ruinous Powers into being entertained by blasphemies! The Emperors Angels, the Space Marines, are NOT prison soldiers! They are Mankind's Champions! How many of your homes have been saved through their intervention?! Turn your eyes from this cheap bauble called "Starcraft II" and return your eyes to the face of your FATHER, the God-Emperor!

Many of you have cast off your obligations to the Imperium and have failed to report to your local milita commanders mandated for all youths under Imperial rule! This is the first sign of corruption! When the youth forsake their obligation to the Imperial Guard the Imperium takes notice! Turn aside from this cheap knock-off of reality, this....this....hackneyed, over stylized morass of a "game!" I myself fought against the tyranids before I was wounded and sent back to serve as a preist in the Imperial Cult and saw for myself what they looked like! They look nothing like the cheap knockoffs you see in this "game!" Repent from your heresies! Remain pure in the EYES OF THE EMPEROR! Do not force the hand of the Sector Politburo committee members to issue a WRIT OF EXTERMINATUS for our World! Return to your posts and report all heretics who speak of this "Starcraft II" as though it had an original idea in it to me at once!
    The God-Emperor is dead and you are using a lie to vehiculate your hatred and fear of alien races that are beyond your own comprehension, human!

/Arrogant Protoss Behavior

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Quirel View Post
    Whoo.
    Even though it's probably a troll, I'm impressed. Good storytelling.
    I will, however, submit the fact that StarCraft is a more refined version of WarHammer 40000. They took what was good, added what was good in other science fiction franchises, and then cut away all the fantasy crap. Goodbye Space Orks and their "Clap Your Hands and Believe" tech, goodbye Druids and Demons and Dark Gods.

It's better that way.
    That is but your opinion and perspective, others view the opposite and beleive the Warhammer 40k universe is much richer and deeper.

Protoss are way cooler than Space Elves.

I honestly like SC better. The Tau, Orks, Tyranids, and Daemons of Tzeentch are the only things in 40K I like. Add in the fact that a good bit of 40K fans (Especially IOM players) are Neo-Nazis, and well, you've got a good reason why I generally stay away from it.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrinder View Post
    Add in the fact that a good bit of 40K fans (Especially IOM players) are Neo-Nazis
    This makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrinder View Post
    Add in the fact that a good bit of 40K fans (Especially IOM players) are Neo-Nazis, and well, you've got a good reason why I generally stay away from it.
    That's not a good reason to dislike it. In a way, it's letting the Neo-Nazis win because you allow them to appropriate something (in this case WH 40K) as solely their own by distancing yourself from it. Neo-Nazis also try to appropriate (and claim to subscribe to) Norse mythology, which doesn't mean that Norse mythology is bad or Nazialistic (it's quite the opposite).

I am personally a fan of Game Workshop artists (such as John Blanche and Paul Bonner) and consequently a fan of WarHammer as well, though it doesn't hold as special a place in my heart as StarCraft.