Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regarding the "Holo Deck"

Default Re: Regarding the "Holo Deck"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    What is the point of adding a "General Forum" when there is already an off-topic forum? The off-topic forum is essentially a general forum. Adding more unnecessary sections just thins things out.
    You can have categories in off-topic. Why would you want to throw everything inside the same forum? It would be chaos.
    Off-topic is generally to put random chat that doesn't has anything to do with any specific forum. If you have an art forum, you put art there, even if it's general. In fact, having a sub-forum inside off-topic doesn't makes any sense, because off-topic is by definition, everything that doesn't have a specific forum to be talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    You can have categories in off-topic. Why would you want to throw everything inside the same forum? It would be chaos.
    Off-topic is generally to put random chat that doesn't has anything to do with any specific forum. If you have an art forum, you put art there, even if it's general. In fact, having a sub-forum inside off-topic doesn't makes any sense, because off-topic is by definition, everything that doesn't have a specific forum to be talked about.
    I am just stating how it currently is. Right now the off-topic forum serves as the general forum. They could simply rename it from off-topic to general forum and it would still be the same place. This made me wonder why people want to make a general forum, or even more forums when that area doesnt receive much attention as is?

I mean... can you imagine how empty it would seem if there was a general forum, off topic, debate, other games, tech, art, etc forum? Those are all viable forums that could be added, it just doesnt make sense to add them since its not like the off topic forum is overflowing with threads such that it would require that level of organization.

I agree with Rabid. For a forum like BlizzForums those might be more appropriate, but for us, I don't think it's as viable at this point.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Eh, never mind.
    Last edited by Sarov; 06-07-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I am just stating how it currently is. Right now the off-topic forum serves as the general forum. They could simply rename it from off-topic to general forum and it would still be the same place. This made me wonder why people want to make a general forum, or even more forums when that area doesnt receive much attention as is?

I mean... can you imagine how empty it would seem if there was a general forum, off topic, debate, other games, tech, art, etc forum? Those are all viable forums that could be added, it just doesnt make sense to add them since its not like the off topic forum is overflowing with threads such that it would require that level of organization.
    I'm not really sure what you're seeing, but if you go at this page, you will notice that there is a "General Forums" section with the forums "Off-Topic Lounge" and "Issues / Feedback", and that "Off-Topic Lounge" has a sub-forum called "The Holo Deck". But off-topic forums are commonly used to put everything that doesn't already have an specific forum, so a forum cannot really be inside off-topic.

I'm not asking for a gazillion forums inside "General", but adding one specifically for art wouldn't hurt, i think. Besides that, it's scientifically proved that sub-forums get less traffic.

And, the forum can always return to off-topic again, if it finished dying. I think anyone would say it was healthier when it was only the thread inside SC2 forums.
    Last edited by Norfindel; 06-08-2010 at 06:27 PM.