Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding the "Holo Deck"

Default Re: Regarding the "Holo Deck"

What other options would you like groups to have?

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

Heya!

I'm personally not keen on groups . A forum is definitely the way to go, but the question is how can we get people to actually visit?

My suggestion would be to go back to the old ways! Let artists create their own threads in SC2 Discussion, where it'll get the exposure it needs to keep artists happy and healthy! If they want to post non-SC artwork, they can create a separate thread in the Off-Topic Lounge .

If that is out of the question, then do consider making the art forum a forum in its own right, and not a sub-forum. I know that the activity there will be small compared to the other forums, but I'm sure that more people would visit, if it stood out a little more . In any case, it'll at least feel like a healthier environment to be in. And just call it "Artwork Corner" or something like that . None of the other forum names require deciphering like 'The Holo Deck' does .

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

The problem with groups is that no one really wants to visit them. I've been in a lot of different groups and people rarely posted in any of them. Or, for some, there was a short period of activity and then it just died out.

What if you put it as a forum in General Forums, instead of a subforum of Off-topic? General forum is general , not SC related.

Because there obviously isn't enough traffic to warrant that :/

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Well, I doubt there will ever be enough traffic considering that no one really visits the Off Topic forums. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by LordofAscension View Post

~LoA
    It's just a text line on a screen. What's the problem if that forum has low traffic? BW forum has only 65 messages, and there isn't a huge list of forums, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by LordofAscension View Post

~LoA
    I know it'll be small, but like I said, it'll be a healthier place to be for the people who post there!

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I agree about it feeling more healthy. It's like giving the small group of artists their own lounge to discuss and show their work, instead of sitting in the back of a dumpster truck.

And yeah, as Norf pointed out, it's just another text line. I'm sure no harm will come out of trying it. You guys have been content on trying multiple SC2 forums, and a news forum too, and scrapped them as well (although I really liked the news forum).

What is the point of adding a "General Forum" when there is already an off-topic forum? The off-topic forum is essentially a general forum. Adding more unnecessary sections just thins things out.