Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zomg! Mass Effect movie coming from Legendary Pictures!!

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Zomg! Mass Effect movie coming from Legendary Pictures!!

http://kotaku.com/5546778/mass-effec...ally-happening

soo freaking epic and the team from BioWare will also be working on it

The director is known from movies like "300", "I'm a Legend" and "the Dark Knight"
    Last edited by Gifted; 05-25-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Default Re: Zomg zomg zomg

Mass effect is boring and most likely the movie will be the same, it will probaly end out the same fate as the doom movie.

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    The director is known from movies like "300", "I'm a Legend" and "the Dark Knight"
    What do you mean by this? All three of those movies were directed by three different people. Is he known for other roles within those movies, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    Mass effect is boring and most likely the movie will be the same, it will probaly end out the same fate as the doom movie.
    While I am normally wary of video game movies, it's normally a few group of directors you need to watch out for, like Uwe Boll, Paul W.S. Anderson, or Andrzej Bartkowiak. Otherwise, if it really is going to be from a well-known director with a good slate of movies under his belt, then I'm not that worried of a movie like those directed from the former mentioned. Though of course, it can still be bad, just not epically bad.

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5546778/mass-effec...ally-happening

soo freaking epic and the team from BioWare will also be working on it

The Screenwriter is known from movies like "The Cell", "I Am Legend" and "Thor"
    Fixed that for you.

He also did "Poseidon". That's all he's done.
    So, not exactly a veteran, hein?

His original script for I Am Legend ("I'm A Legend? Seriously?) can be found here. It was much better before the movie bollixed it up.
    http://www.horrorlair.com/scripts/legend.txt

This might end up just like the halo movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacaier View Post
    What do you mean by this? All three of those movies were directed by three different people. Is he known for other roles within those movies, or what?
    yup i made a mistake

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

If they do the plot of Mass Effect it'll suck. A movie outside the game with a new hero and characters would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Besides...not many game-to-film adaptions ever do very well anyway.

I really enjoyed the first ME, but haven't played the second. I think it just works better as an interactive experience, rather than it would as a film. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    If they do the plot of Mass Effect it'll suck. A movie outside the game with a new hero and characters would be better.
    I would like to see a scenario either from the first or the second book
    and I think that they know that

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    There is a difference though...

Halo was grabbed by Universal. Legendary has been going out and grabbing niche ideas specific to games and anime and has a history to sticking to them front to end. They even stated that Video game movies are going to be big in the future.

I'd be willing to look forward to this one... If it was any other studio but Legendary.. I might go iffy.. but with Prince of Persia RIGHT around the corner, I think we may finally have a good "game" movie to truly bust the market and get things going the right way and build confidence in the genre. Something to consider... Prince of Persia had a solid storyline (in some ways, comparable to ME) and the previews shows a movie made in a sense of "seriousness".

I mean... Video game movies never really started out on the right foot, ya know?
    Last edited by Gifted; 05-25-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel