Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine vs Zealot unarmed

Default Marine vs Zealot unarmed

I was thinking about this earlier and I honestly do not think the Marine would win in unarmed combat with a Zealot even if he has is armor.
    Discuss.

Default Re: Marine vs Zealot unarmend

does the marine have his power suit? cuz either way Zealot will win it's most likely

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Uhm, of course the Zealot will win? :P

cuz Armored Zealots have shields right?

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

No, b/c they're awesome.

"unarmored" = no shields. I think that even if the Marine is stronger, the Zealot is faster, and can get behind the Marine and even pick him up & throw him.

Do natural psychic power count as "armed?"

Also - Protoss are physically much greater in stature than Terrans, so although the CMC suit would match them up size-wise, the Protoss would still have a massive speed advantage that would probably keep them from getting smacked around (especially since I don't believe that the powered CMC suits are built for CQC hand-to-hand fighting).

X
    Last edited by XSOLDIER; 05-24-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Zealot hands down, assuming the zealot is a lot older than the marine he will probably have a lot of valuable combat experience. Make them the same age..zealots are something like spartans with their strong warrior culture.

Assuming the zealot has psi blades, they'll probably win, but things like starting range do make a difference. (A protoss, being taller, has a harder time taking cover, magnifying the range disadvantage.)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Realistically, a Protoss in singular combat with a Terran would concentrate and stun the guy. Now, if there are 10 Terrans there's not much point into wasting time stunning one, right?

About physical strenght alone, i don't know. Would an unarmored Protoss be strong enough to damage an armored Terran? Only Blizzard can tell.

If they are only wearing clothes or are nude, I could see how a Terran could win (if he had lots of training), but I think a Protoss is stronger, as they are all psionic to an extent, are very agile and have less weak points on their body than Terrans.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!