Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 3v3 Thread

Xadr's Avatar Junior Member

Default The 3v3 Thread

RULES:[/FONT]

1. Only 3v3 strategies

2. Strategies must be proved with a REPLAY

3. No spamming

4. Don't say that the strategy "sucks" or anything.

5. HAVE FUN!

Thanks guys
    For the Zerg,
    Xadr

Maul's Avatar Member

Default Re: The 3v3 Thread

All three players mass tier 1 units
    Upgrade them if not immediately successful
    ???
    Profit
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

OK even though 3v3 and 4v4 aren't not serious business I will say a few things I've seen.

As was the case in wc3 if your going to have a plan make sure you prepare for things you will see in 50% of your games.

- If theres is ANY terran player(specially when theres more than one) prepare for mass reaper 10 rax harras...Its very hard to stop 3 reapers that early...infact prbly impossible if your alone. (cept maybe a 10 gate stalker) or some stupid 8 pool queen rush build. Keep this in mind if you run across 3 terran players.

- If there is ANY protoss players in the game prepare for proxy gates proxy stargates void ray rushes and cannon rushes. If you see 3 protoss players on the other team its pretty much 80% chance that something funky is going to go down.

- If by some stroke of luck the game makes it to the mid-late game make sure you remember that 3v3 isn't about cute micro or picking off units.. its about which team has the right stuff and enough of it. Macro hard and expand alot...and dont slack on static defense.

-Another thing you MUST do in 3v3 to survive is be a team player, in almost every case anything early or mid game your going to have to work together very well....if your the middle player and you scout a reaper rush? Perhaps you should rallly your first anti reaper unit to asssit your allys. Stuff like that.

- Voice chat is highly reconmended, as these games are usally really fun ^_^ So if your playing with friends hop on vent and try to have as much fun as possible

Personally I'll be honest I won a few games yestrday doing proxy gate reaper rushes And the other games were from forcing late game to get Ultras and stuff out .

ITS FUN! But don't get angry if you get proxy'd perhaps playing 3v3 will make you better vs cheese in 1v1.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

As Islandsnake noted, the fact that you can donate resources in team games will have huge implications for SC2 teams.

It was super common when I was in late WC3 tournaments rounds over the last few summesr to see NE/NE/UND or NE/ORC/UND teams, with strong amounts of mass tier 1.

For NE/NE/UD, it was 50 / 50 supplies of hunters then FEEDING THE UND, which got fiends into frost wyrms.

I believe similar strategies will happen in SC2. In fact, I think Z/Z/P will be devastating. Imagine 50/50 supplies of roaches, then the Zs feed the P, which proceeds from mass zealots to voidrays?

The the only thing I haven't really thought too hard about is the fact that there is no upkeep cost in SC2...that might change things completely (50 used to be the limiter before you had to pay upkeep for your supply, which is why players who fed wouldn't break it).
    Call me PK`

I have to agree that 3v3 is fun when you play with other friends; but if you go up with a random team, you can't avoid the serious guy who wants to win and then calls the fault on you and your teammate.

Make this a sticky??
    For the Zerg,
    Xadr

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

here are the few best games i had in 3vs3

I dunno bout you guys but going for Stalker+Zealot>Immortal, warp prisms>DT's and Void rays is the best thing to do

Attachment 779

Attachment 780

http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...7&d=1274739663

I played 6 3vs3 games, all wins
    Last edited by spychi; 05-25-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Thanks guys!
    For the Zerg,
    Xadr

Cmon lets get this thread goin
    For the Zerg,
    Xadr

Maul's Avatar Member