Thread: How to make multiple weapons useable

Default How to make multiple weapons useable

I seem to be able to add additional weapons however the unit only attacks 1 unit with 1 attack out of the many available to it.

Default Re: How to make multiple weapons useable

I think you have to play around with the actual settings of the weapon / how the weapon is used (possibly effects).

Take a look at the collosi and see how it does it then try to replicate it.
    See my shoutcasts for starcraft two updated daily on www.youtube.com/donatzor!

Tune into my daily livestream starting may 3rd at 4PM EDT to 6PM EDT! www.livestream.com/donat

but the colossi only uses thermal lance I need to know how a Dark Templar (example) can use Thermal Land and say Thor's Hammer at the same time against multiple enemies

The closest thing i have ever found to this is making a single weapon with multiple effects. Effects are what the weapons really are (animations, the inner workings, damage), a weapon can have as many (or well a ton of) effects as you want. So I would start looking there, creating a new weapon and giving it whatever effects you wanted from multiple other weapons. Otherwise... I don't think there is any unit in the game that truly has 2 weapons that fire at the same time..

The Reaper has two weapons. I enabled the d8 on armored and mechanical at range 5.5 with min range at 4.5 and it shoots d8 at this range, but getting closer makes it shoot the pistols.

I say it is possible, but I haven't gone deep into this yet. People have made the BC shoot like showers of missiles though, but all of them happen at different times, so not sure if we can make it so that a unit targets two and shoots different weapons at each.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueleader89 View Post
    The closest thing i have ever found to this is making a single weapon with multiple effects. Effects are what the weapons really are (animations, the inner workings, damage), a weapon can have as many (or well a ton of) effects as you want. So I would start looking there, creating a new weapon and giving it whatever effects you wanted from multiple other weapons. Otherwise... I don't think there is any unit in the game that truly has 2 weapons that fire at the same time..
    yeah I tried this it's totally possible to make a ghost's auto attack into EMP spam or like I tried have Thor's Hammer Auto spam Nukes

FoxSpirit's Avatar Junior Member

I think this will require some coding. Either by randomizing weapon use or by toggling between two attacks.
    e.g. have an attack that declares another one will be used as the next attack and make a loop

I think we need to disable (uncheck) the linked cooldown in the weapons to enable other weapons, and set their cooldowns, damage points, so they would take turns. I believe we can use small numbers to at least make them look like they're being fired simultaneously.