Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lost in Lost

Maul's Avatar Member

Default Re: Lost in Lost

Quote Originally Posted by screw_ball69 View Post
    Lol wtf epic jumping falcon punch like move from Jack attacking Locke.
    And when you come back from the ad break he does something completely different, but I admit that shot looked awesome.

And what was the point of showing the tree fall on ben? It didn't slow him down. Where was the significance?
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Watched the last episode last night, It wasnt as epic as i hoped it would be
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    And what was the point of showing the tree fall on ben? It didn't slow him down. Where was the significance?
    I think it was an artificial way of keeping the rest of the group away from Jack and MIB so they could have their little duel on the cliffside without any interruptions.

I have never seen 5 minutes of this horrible show. I hope it rots.

I have never seen 5 minutes of this horrible show. I hope it rots.
    Well, its done now, so nothing to worrie about. . .
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    - Albert Einstein

Is anyone else annoyed by this bite a** ending? I though ALL will be reavelead,but rather it ended in even more questions??? I really regret that i have been watching this from september 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    It was a magic tree. A tree like that could weight some hundreths of Kg, and is falling from a considerable weight. I doubt that someone would survive that.
    There were some rocks there, maybe that stopped the tree just enough to trap the guy, but seriously, that like a one-in-a-million situation.

Quote Originally Posted by arthas View Post
    Is anyone else annoyed by this bite a** ending? I though ALL will be reavelead,but rather it ended in even more questions??? I really regret that i have been watching this from september 2004
    By the way, why did the world not ended when the hatch exploded early in the series. Why didn't Desmod die? Why couldn't the guys of the Dharma initiative just build a damn timer to activate that crap? What were the damn numbers? Why did the numbers affect the luck of Hugo so much? What was the statue? How did the blonde girl survive a missile exploding her house? (did they explain that?) Why does she go crazy? Why was the island able to move? Why did the guys travel in time? Why did Jacobs neddlessly put all their "chosen" in situation they were likely to die? Why didn't he just explain to the "others" that those guys wasn't to be touched? Why was everyone inside that island so aggresive and kept so many secrets (when they really didn't know shit, but acted like they did)? Why did we had to watch hours of flashbacks about characters that didn't worked and had absolutely no role to play at all in the series?
    Last edited by Norfindel; 05-28-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    This vid is actually pretty spot on. And I think the answer is this:

The Lost writers opened up way to many different plots during the course of the show and had no real way to close each and every one completely out. So it did the only thing it could do. It made all those little unexplained plot points not really matter so much in the end. This is why we got the ending that we got. It stunk, but the one thing it did do right was make all those missing plot threads unimportant in the grand scheme of Jack's story, a story that was ultimately about his life and his death.

Lost was not perfect, but it did entertain me for 6 years and it was a ton better than most of the other junk on TV these days. So it did its job.

My view...

Pilot: A+

6 Seasons: B++

Finale: D-
    Last edited by //MavericK\\; 05-28-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    Perfectly reinforces that the writers had no idea what they were doing or where they were going, creating mysteries just for the sake of keeping viewers intrigued. Yet many people still say things like "but the show was about the drama between the characters." Bullshit. Is this the formula to make a hugely successful show? Is that all you have to do?

Again I feel I've been cheated by watching this show.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir