Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make your own patch. Aka what needs to be changed.

Default Re: Make your own patch. Aka what needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorKoronis View Post
    I think there are a lot of problems with some of these suggestions. I'll go over those later, after I talk about what I'd like to see changed.

I have two suggestions:
    1. Difference in worker cost and stats. Honestly, you lose drones every time you build a building, but they're still the same price as probes and SCVs. Given that hatcheries now have queens to add even more larva potential, I think that it would make sense to slighly decrease cost of zerg buildings or decrease (by even 5 minerals) the cost of drones. Similarly, SCV should increase HP, since that used to be its defining difference against the probe (probes just need to warp, so in order to balance SCVs against probes, they got more HP so they could survive the building process).

2. Roaches need to be changed some how. Simply doubling their supply cost was an idiotic fix, I'd looking forward to seeing how they patch it now.
    Um, if you noticed, the building cost for Zerg is directly reduced to add on a 50 mineral cost.

For instance, Hatchery is 350 + 50 = 400. Spawning pool is 200 + 50 = 250.

I think it's good enough, adding an extra 5 or 10 mineral incentive is a bit pointless.

For roaches, read my suggestion.

gve reapers spidermines so they have some sort of late game use

PATCH 12a

No balance changes for now.

We did another pass on all sound and graphical assets.

Play Protoss? Look for the map Photon Cannon Tactics in the NA server!

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorKoronis View Post
    1. Difference in worker cost and stats. Honestly, you lose drones every time you build a building, but they're still the same price as probes and SCVs. Given that hatcheries now have queens to add even more larva potential, I think that it would make sense to slighly decrease cost of zerg buildings or decrease (by even 5 minerals) the cost of drones.
    zerg buildings already cheaper, hatcheries, vespian, and the tech buildings are so expensive cuz they only need it once

OK.... here goes. Feedback is welcome

Terran
    Ghost
    • EMP is now researched at the Ghost Academy for 50 minerals and 50 gas and takes 50 seconds to complete
    • Snipe modified such that if it is cast it does not interrupt normal attacks, resulting in increased damage output for the ghost

Mule
    • Slightly increased the lifespan of the Mule such that it will successfully return its last gathered mineral batch if it is used on one slightly farther away from the Command Center

Marauder
    • Concussive shells no longer effects light units
    • The health cost of Stim Packs increased from 20 to 25

Reaper
    • Movement speed reduced from 2.95 to 2.2
    • Reapers now benefit from the health upgrade of marines
    • Added an upgrade to the factory tech lab which costs 150 minerals and 150 gas and takes 60 seconds that increases the speed of the reaper to 3 and gives them the ability to plant Spider Mines at the cost of losing cliff jumping

Siege tank
    • Reduced the cost of the Siege tank to 125 minerals and 125 gas

Zerg

The Lurker has returned! (still figuring out how to make it work and what stats, may edit later! Even if it doesnt work, zerg need 1 more unit to use imo)

Queen
    • The cast time of Spawn Larva has been decreased from 40 seconds to 30 seconds
    • Build time of the queen has increased from 50 to 55 seconds

Overseer
    • Build cost decreased from 50 minerals and 100 gas to 50 minerals and 50 gas

Roach Warren
    • Now requires the Lair and costs 125 minerals and 75 gas

Roach
    • The cost of the roach has increased from 75 minerals and 25 gas to 150 minerals and 50 gas
    • Health increased to 170
    • Base armor increased to 2
    • Organic Carapace has been moved from a Hive upgrade to a Lair upgrade, in addition the health regeneration rate while burrowed has increased to encourage burrow micro
    • Increased the burrowed movement speed of roaches with the Glial Reconstitution upgrade

Hydralisk Den
    • No longer requires the Lair
    • Build cost changed from 100 minerals and 100 gas to 100 minerals and 50 gas

Hydralisk
    • Supply cost decreased from 2 to 1
    • Attack speed decreased from .75 to 1.3

Zergling
    • Increased the attack speed bonus of the Adrenal Glans from 20% to 30%

Ultralisk
    • Increased base speed from 2.2 to 2.6 with the Anabolic Synthesis upgrade increasing this to 3.2

Protoss

Immortal
    • Reduced the damage from 20 (+30 vs armored) to 15 (+20 vs armored)
    • Reduced build cost from 250 minerals and 100 gas to 225 minerals and 100 gas
    • Reduced supply requirement from 4 to 3

Void Ray
    • Can no longer build up a charge off of their own units, allies units or destructible doodads (such as rocks)
    • Slightly reduced time to build charge and to lose charge once it has been obtained
    • If a charge is built on a building, the charge will be lost immediately when switching to a unit

Dark Shrine
    • Build time decreased from 100 seconds to 75 seconds.

Fleet Beacon
    • Build cost reduced from 300 minerals and 200 gas to 225 minerals and 150 gas

Mothership
    • Movement speed increased from 1.4062 to 1.9
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 05-17-2010 at 07:56 PM.

I'll make a more discrete list later, but my to do list would be:

- Make the Immortal less of a hard counter (decrease the bonus to armored).
    - Decrease the Reaper Grenade attack.
    - Get rid of Corruption on the corrupter/increase its main attack.
    - Increase the cost of the medevac.
    - Increase the gas cost/time on the void ray.
    - Decrease the time/cost of the Thor's Strike Cannons.

Thats about as far as I would go without ADDING anything.

- Marauders: nerf attack speed and stimpack effectivity.

- Void Rays: make this unit less cheese. Give it a better attack when in stage 1 (with at least some bonus vs armored), a fairly good one in stage 2, and make stage 3 revert to stage 2 when switches targets. Modify the cost according to the new effectivity. For example, stage 1 = 5 + 5 vs Armored, stage 2 = 7 + 7 vs Armored, stage 3 = 10 + 10 vs Armored.

- Reapers: make this unit more useful. Give it more range, and possibly a few more HP. Delay their appearance to prevent that change to own early units too much, and check if the big damage vs Light is still reasonable.
    The anti-building attack should be changed to an AoE casted ability with non-stackeable damage that can be dodged (but isn't easy to dodge).

- Thor: with the cost of this unit, i don't think we're going to see many of them, save for specific situations. I would give the unit still more hp and armor if it's keeped at that cost. Not sure about the attack, the hp change will probably call for a reduction in damage. More soaking less attack.

Banned

Terran:

Marauders can no longer use stim
    Hellion damage changed to: 6 + 8 vs light
    Siege tank health reduced to 150, armor set at 2
    Thor costs 200 minerals and 250 gas now
    Reapers build time decreased to 30 seconds

Protoss:

Zealots shields increased to 60
    Immortal damage changed to 20 + 20 vs armored
    Archon damage changed to 30
    Mothership build time decreased to 140
    Mothership cost changed to 400 minerals, 200 gas

Zerg:

Zerglings gain additional specific +2 armor upgrade
    Roaches gain regeneration while unburrowed and burrowed without researching + 5 reg per second
    Banelings HP increased to 35
    Banelings damage increased to 20 + 25 vs light, splash reduced to 1.8
    Banelings cost changed to 20 minerals, 35 gas
    Mutalisk attack speed increased to 1.75, HP increased to 130

Quote Originally Posted by Tritanis View Post
    - Increased speed on creep is now a researchable ability (hatchery), for units other than queen. Costs 50/50 and takes 100 seconds to research.
    - Speed of zerglings without metabolic boost upgrade slightly lowered.

Both these changes address the inability to scout zerg due to zergling's fast movement. This change wil enable to maintain a scout in zerg's base for a little longer and require a little micro to get rid of scout instead of just one simple right click.
    Awful...most Zerg units are already really slow off the creep (sans Zerglings) and you want to make it take longer and more resources just to get those units to move at a decent speed on the creep?

Terran can wall in their freaking base, preventing ground scouting at all, and your complaint is that Zerg can kill a scout easily with fast Zerglings? Really stupid change. Terran can scanner sweep and Protoss can fly in some observers. I don't think this is an issue.

I would actually suggest upping the speed of Roaches and Hydras off of the creep and implementing an upgrade to increase their on-creep speed even more. The Zerg are supposed to be the mobile attack race but they seem less mobile than either of the other races.

"I am part of that power that eternally wills evil and eternally works good."
    - Mephistopheles (Goethe's Faust)

i too prefer a discrete list:

Terran:

-Reapers benefit from shield upgrade
    -tanks range upped from 7 to 7.5 in tank mode.
    -tank turret follows nearby enemies regardless of movment, removing the need to wait for the turret spin animation when doing move+shoot

Raven:
    -Autoturrets no longer count as structures (making them a better answer to banelings, otherwise not changing much)
    -Seeker missile: increased range and radius &/or decreased energy cost (this thing is rarely worth it now. its a pity)
    -defense drone: experimental rework? maximum projectiles per second for much more life & lower energy cost?)
    - Helion, epxeimnetal rework: reduced range + slightly reduced damge for 10-15 extra HP and 1-2 base armor ?

Zerg:

-corruptor can corrupt again, or some new REAL ability (bullshit gimmicky 20% dmg buffer ability wtf?!)

-Infested terrans lifespan prolonged by burrowing (good idea n OP!)

++ New cool ability on the overseer! (or less hopefully on the infestor)

Protoss:

-slight Voidray nerf

-changes to mothership? isnt it kind of awful? too late to scrap it i guess.

-changes to robotic support-bay upgrades: obs & prisms speed combined into one, and a phasing range-upgrade added for the prism
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.