Thread: //MavericK's\\ corner

Default //MavericK's\\ corner

UPDATE: COMMENTS PLEASE

Here's a little something I have been working on for a while. I actually submitted these to the SCL hero contest a while back.

My eventually hope is to turn this into some kind of a campaign for SCII. The editor has a pretty big learning curve though, so I don't know.

I have some comic entries that I'll be putting up in the next few days.

One note: These are works-in-progress and are full of little copy mistakes and a few technical ones as well. So please don't laugh at the unit stats or my horrid misspelling of the word "Folly." I spelled it F-O-L-E-Y, like a foley artist. See if you can find it.

Anyway, please take a look and let me know what you all think.

Update: Made these a bit smaller, so they fit better in the thread...you have to click on them a couple of times to get zoomed in enough to read the profiles...

Update: Here is the original mission patch that the crew wore while the Einherjar served in the Confederate Fleet. Note: the word Einherjar is old Norse for "Lone Fighters."

And here are just the characters without all of the gobbily guk...

Update: And this was for a short story contest on vile gaming's website with a beta key as the prize. Didn't win. But here's the featured character, a new zerg unit dubbed by Dominion forces as the zerg Horror. It's claim to fame: it can throw, yes throw, banelings.

Last edited by //MavericK\\; 05-06-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added the Einherjar's original soldier patch, while serving the Confederate Fleet.

Default Re: //MavericK's\\ corner

I really like the layout and design for each of the character sheets; and the badge for the Einhejar is impressive, too. Nice use of perspective.

The marine is definitely the best, I think. It's more bold than the others. With some variation in line weight it would be even more amazing.

Try introducing some more variation in your values?
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Default Re: //MavericK's\\ corner

Thanks man and congrats! You're the first poster on my thread.

What's funny about the Marine is that he looks nothing like that on the sheet of paper I drew him on. I'll post it later this weekend. I had to do a LOT of editing in ink-scape to get him just right.