Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Map alpha] SCII_BigDig

Default [Map alpha] SCII_BigDig

The Ston'bo mining company was rather small, infact it would be a wonder that they stayed in business in the Koprulu Sector if it was not for their wonder-boy geologist Vetor Studgard. While most major mining companies dismiss him as a crackpot, they could not argue how time and time again he brought Ston'bo large payoffs in such a short time.

That is, until the day the company went bankrupt. Suspiciously Vetor and a large majority of the companies' assets were missing. A investigation into the matter by the bank (Suspecting they were hiding them) turned up the following audio logs.

Audio Log #1.

Well Here we are, in this god forsaken wasteland of a planet... Not a dam mineral to be found yet the bigwig's golden boy says that there is a large cash here just underground, so we get to get diggin' O joy.

Log #3

Rocks, rocks and sand... 10 days of digging a big hole and nothing of interest to be found, yet crazy old vetor says to keep diggin'... as long as they keep payin' my checks.

Log #15

three months! Three goddam months of moving dirt around and all we find is a goddam small patch! And they want us to keep digging! This is insane, we ain't gonna find anything in this goddam desert. Some of the boys are thinking of cutting our losses, I'm begging to think their right.

Log #28

WhoooWHee... five months of digging and we finally find a dam rich vein! This is the biggest cash i've ever seen, thou the talk around the mining town is that its not going to even be enough to cover the cost of all the excavation. Whatever, as long as we get our cuts.

Oh, and vetor's still insisting we dig, that nutjob. He's locked himself in his trailer and refusing to come out till we resume work digging.

Log #30

Nothin' like waking up to a nuclear explosion! Some goddam moron set off a nuke right in the middle of the mining camp! Gonna be a few days before we can check the wreckage.

Log #31

The companies' pet is missin', we opened up his trailer and all over the walls he scribbled "We need more minerals" over and over... That loon must have been the one that set off the nuke! Who's gonna pay us now?

Log #32

Hahaha, that loon vetor was right! There is a HUGE mineral directly in the blastzone of the nuke, but its too radioactive down there to mine it! Daam, shame.

Log #42

*Muffled nosies*
    *quiet* Geeaah! Get away you slimey little...
    *transmission cuts out*

---------

Topdown:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Side:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rather medium sized map, long rush distance due to travel thou the middle (unless your a reaper I guess) I think it'll be rather macro-heavy gameplay. Its very Alphay right now and needs more detailing but I think its ready to test whenever they release their publishing system,

Let me know what you think!

Default Re: [Map alpha] SCII_BigDig

Whoa, did this ever get burred.

Any rate, published! Woot woot.

If you want to DL / try it out send me a PM and I'll give you my email to add to your friends so we can join a game to test it. (that is, when the servers come back up)
    Last edited by Donat; 05-22-2010 at 04:41 PM.
    See my shoutcasts for starcraft two updated daily on www.youtube.com/donatzor!

Tune into my daily livestream starting may 3rd at 4PM EDT to 6PM EDT! www.livestream.com/donat

is this single player? I'd DL it now, but my comp that I can play SC2 on is unavailable at the moment.... When I can use SC2 I'll let you know. Looks fun though

Its a 1v1 map currently named SC2_BigDig4

Tune into my daily livestream starting may 3rd at 4PM EDT to 6PM EDT! www.livestream.com/donat

Nice. More texture variations?

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Nice. More texture variations?
    I only textured it a little. so yea, it defiantly does need more heh.

It's still in alpha, missed that.

I can see a lot of drop usage to bypass ramps. And the open field makes good for open battles. I like it. Most maps in the pool, atm are quite narrow, especially incineration.

I'm liking what you're doing here. Let's test it out sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    It's still in alpha, missed that.

I can see a lot of drop usage to bypass ramps. And the open field makes good for open battles. I like it. Most maps in the pool, atm are quite narrow, especially incineration.

I'm liking what you're doing here. Let's test it out sometime?
    Sure, just need SCII's servers to be working. lol

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

You can search for custom maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    You can search for custom maps?
    Hah, so you can! damit. I had tried to find that for a while but went back to look and figured it out.

Popular maps -> Search -> SC2_BigDig -> hit enter

thanks gradius
    Last edited by Donat; 05-22-2010 at 08:10 PM.