Thread: Using Custom Music

Default Using Custom Music

Hey guys, I see everybody is out there making pretty awesome maps!

I'm working on a small RPG map just to test things out and I had little trouble so far. However I can't seem to find a way to use custom music in the game. I imported two mp3's I'd like to use for my opening cinematic, but how do I turn these files into a music I can use in the Trigger Editor? I managed to use it as a sound, but I really want it in the music channel. So if anyone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated, I'll upload the map once it's done!

SOLVED: Import---> right click---> import file ---> the file you want ---> make sure you save (just because of this, I wasn't able to find my song like you so it's really important to save right after you import apparently) ---> go back to the editor ---> data icon ---> sounds ---> create a new file ---> set the assetarray file to your song ---> go to soundtrack --> creat a file ---> add your sound file ---> done!

Thanks to sandwich_bird
    Last edited by Insidious; 04-26-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Problem got solved

Default Re: Using Custom Music

EDIT: Great to hear that mp3s work, that will save me a ton of trouble later
    Last edited by Rogueleader89; 04-25-2010 at 06:21 PM.

mp3 files work perfectly in the editor! (tried it. I'm currently making a map with custom music) What you want to do is go mess in the data. So Data icon-->soundtracks ---> create a soundtrack object ---> edit the parameters so that the soundtrack include the songs that you want. Easy as that!

I can't get it to work, I tried million different ways, I must've missed something.

When I add a new object to the Soundtracks it only let's me choose from existing sound files in a drop down list. I really have no clue how to get to my imported files.

Is there any way you can elaborate on this a bit more?

Added a screenshot for reference.

That's Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I can't get it to work, I tried million different ways, I must've missed something.

When I add a new object to the Soundtracks it only let's me choose from existing sound files in a drop down list. I really have no clue how to get to my imported files.

Is there any way you can elaborate on this a bit more?

Added a screenshot for reference.

Import---> right click---> import file ---> the file you want ---> make sure you save (just because of this, I wasn't able to find my song like you so it's really important to save right after you import apparently) ---> go back to the editor ---> data icon ---> sounds ---> create a new file ---> set the assetarray file to your song ---> go to soundtrack --> creat a file ---> add your sound file ---> done!

Awesome I found it, damn this is quite some work. Thanks alot!

a few patches ago the editor changed alot and i really wanna make custom music plz help

i import it and save then i go to the data thing. i make the sound tab of it. but my file doesnt show up. what do i do or where do i find it. i think i have to do the create a new file step but i dont see a option for it.(does it matter its under a play list)
    Last edited by typhren; 06-03-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: i figured some more out