Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else playing through the canon?

Default Re: Anyone else playing through the canon?

LOL, the game WILL release in June, that's near certain.
    No matter how we think it's too fast or that there's no way it will happen or believe the game is not ready for release or that Blizzard never does such short betas and quick releases, SC2 is an exception in many cases.

With, for example, Wrath of the Lich King, the release date was announced one month before said release. The beta ran up till about the announcement of the release date, which is when the game went gold.

It's highly plausible considering how much testing they have done with pro players and in-house that they will release WoL in June. I admit, it's early, but then, we aren't Blizzard, and Blizzard knows what they are doing; They aren't rushing SC2 out.

The beta ends on May 17th, if Gamestop says that, it's true. I know you guys wanna test 4v4 or 3v3 maps, but, when has that happened in most RTS betas? Games like RA3 never had 3v3 or 4v4 maps during beta test, yet RA3 released with 3v3 (and 4v4 is possible by modding the game). You want to test new tilesets, want to see the Lurker in, test new UI and Battle.NET features, modding, campaign units in mod maps, publish maps, and all that, but let's be fair, it's probably not gonna happen. The game will release without all the BNET features it will have. They will release patches post-release and expansions with those new BNET features. (They said so themselves) They're polishing the game up and don't even want to add new units or features right now. They even said that the Map Editor will be available near the end of the beta test (there's less than one month left from now) and that the beta will last 3 months. So let's be fair and admit that a June release date is highly probable. (They've released games in the summer before, take a look at WC3 and its expansion)

As for the original WoW game (not the expansions) used as an example, WoW was a much larger game, it was new to the market back then and Blizzard needed to make the game work online with many users as it is an MMO, so that game was bound to have a longer beta.
    Last edited by Alex06; 04-25-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

The beta ends on May 17th, if Gamestop says that, it's true.
    Gamestop and other stores have been wrong before. How many stores reported that Wings of Liberty would be out in December 2009?

Gamestop doesn't have a crystal ball, or if they do, it's not better than Blizzard's.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Gamestop changed their release date every few months. I remember them giving the releases dates of March 2009, May 2009, July 2009, September 2009, and then December 2009.

I think ALex06 got it pretty much covered up, but if I may add something is, making you people notice the "pace" of the beta. I wasn't in from the beginning, but looking at the patches, I'd say the pace is going more and more up, and we'e now gotten alot of content, so if they wanna make us test 3v3 and 4v4, then it's gonna come very soon if it follows this ever growing pace, and the game will still be out end June.

As they said in the Q/A they're having alot of work to do with B.net, but aside from that it seems WoL is pretty much ready, and if we're not looking at B.net taking Blizz' time, we all know it took years of patching to make SW:BW what it is today, so a soon-to-come release date (most places say end June) is very likely.
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Definitely playing through the original SC. I wonder what the proper order is with all the extra missions though =/

You can see that in the lore section of SC:Legacy. There's a chapter by chapter show if I remember correctly. Been years since I read through it.

But from what I remember it's the Demo, SC, Enslavers, BW, Enslavers II and the Stukov thing.

Or is this wrong?
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Once the release date is announced for Starcraft 2, I'll make a big marathon into the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Once the release date is announced for Starcraft 2, I'll make a big marathon into the canon.
    I played through the campaign fairly recently, but I'm going to do so again just prior to SC2! ^______________^

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post

But from what I remember it's the Demo, SC, Enslavers, BW, Enslavers II and the Stukov thing.
    Link to the demo? I probably already have it, or have played it, or its in the game and I've played it to death and not realized that it was the demo, but I'd like to make sure...

I'm such a nerdsicle for the campaign. I'm in the Beta and I barely play it because I'm so hyped for the single player, that all I can think of is all the ballin' stuff you'll be able to do, and how the scenery and the triggers, and the maps will be so breathtakingly astounding. Also, I'm absurdly excited for the new rendition of the campaign to come from Lucifer and his cohort(s) because it'll be the cats meow.

I'm playing through Brood War now and reading Starcraft: Nova. It makes me a little sad that we will never see Ghost. Is there an extra campaign that you can download or something? I've never heard of that.