Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else playing through the canon?

Default Re: Anyone else playing through the canon?

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post
    You can see that in the lore section of SC:Legacy. There's a chapter by chapter show if I remember correctly. Been years since I read through it.

But from what I remember it's the Demo, SC, Enslavers, BW, Enslavers II and the Stukov thing.

Or is this wrong?
    Enslavers and Enslavers II are actually after the first campaign in SC and BW, respectively. To be more specific, the Stukov thing is actually a trio of maps, Deception, Mercenaries II, and Resurrection IV. Resurrection IV, Deception, and the Precursor Campaign are all available at http://sclegacy.com/feature/8-scency...282-bonus-maps . Enslavers II is available http://classic.battle.net/scc/OS/enslavers.shtml . A single map pack with Mercenaries II, Deception, and a ton of other maps is available at http://classic.battle.net/scc/maps.shtml . There is no way to download just a single map anymore, but the entire set is only 21 MB.

So just to have this straight;

Precursor - Demo
    StarCraft
    -Enslavers
    StarCraft: Brood War
    -Enslavers: Dark Vengeance
    -Deception
    -Mercenaries II
    -Resurrection IV
    StarCraft II

Quote Originally Posted by almostfamous View Post
    Link to the demo? I probably already have it, or have played it, or its in the game and I've played it to death and not realized that it was the demo, but I'd like to make sure...

I'm such a nerdsicle for the campaign. I'm in the Beta and I barely play it because I'm so hyped for the single player, that all I can think of is all the ballin' stuff you'll be able to do, and how the scenery and the triggers, and the maps will be so breathtakingly astounding. Also, I'm absurdly excited for the new rendition of the campaign to come from Lucifer and his cohort(s) because it'll be the cats meow.
    If you don't want to play the beta, I can take it off your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by nick7913 View Post
    If you don't want to play the beta, I can take it off your hands!
    haha, I'm not quite that bored with it. I play, but not very much. I would probably play more if I didn't have to use my girlfriends computer, hers is newer and can handle the graphics. Mine is old and full of fail...

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

If you're really hardcore you'll want to play through Retribution and Insurrection (though I don't recommend it).

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    If you're really hardcore you'll want to play through Retribution and Insurrection (though I don't recommend it).
    I have both. Retribution made me want to cry the first time I played it. Now I have sealed copies for my collection

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I have both. Retribution made me want to cry the first time I played it. Now I have sealed copies for my collection
    Heh, if it's canon it needs to be part of a collection no matter how bad it is eh? The collection MUST BE COMPLETE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    Heh, if it's canon it needs to be part of a collection no matter how bad it is eh? The collection MUST BE COMPLETE!
    You have no idea...

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

I played through nearly all of SC, BW and Precursor once last year. And this year, I've read through my small library of SC books, culminating in Heaven's Devils, one awesome book. It was all a nice trip down memory lane. Unfortunately, when you know how everything ends, it just isn't quite the same as that first play/read-through.

And, concerning the release date, I'm thinking they might hold the game for a very early July release...around July fourth weekend, or right after. Tuesday, July 6th-ish, maybe.