Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Overwhelming

Default Power Overwhelming

Okay first off, this is a fun suggestion topic and not to be taken serious.

Do any of you remember the Star Relic that was later on removed from the game.

Edit: this is an edited version of the star relic by Mustachio from sc2a

It's a real shame that it was scrapped, since it has a very nice design, and so i am thinking, if it would be possible to recycle the unit, and give it a new role.

Do you see a unit inside the star relic, or am i seeing things? Reminds me of an archon, which could actually be a very cool unit. Could you imagine a flying archon, imbued into an ship, now that would be "Power Overwhelming"

I could even be a good model for the dark obelisk, or could replace the disruptors model . The model could be used both for a unit and a buiding.

Does anybody else like the design of the star relic?
    Do you think blizzard should find a role for the model.
    If you have any suggestions, for the reuse off the star relic model fell free to post.

Discuss
    Last edited by Perfecttear; 06-06-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: Power Overwhelming

That's way too skinny to be an archon. I bet it was a Judicator.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

I think it'd be a great protoss equivelent of a "stasis cell" for protoss. Use it in the single player campaign or something

Rizhall's Avatar Junior Member

I like both the archon and stasis idea, but it'd probably be best to leave it for the campaign.

Smile Re: Power Overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    I think it'd be a great protoss equivelent of a "stasis cell" for protoss. Use it in the single player campaign or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizhall View Post
    I like both the archon and stasis idea, but it'd probably be best to leave it for the campaign.
    Campaign again, Even the name "Star relic" gives a "unique unit" feeling, instead of a common unit you'd see in every game.

If i recall it good, that unit was before Disruptor, it had slowing attack, some abilities and it would explode and make dmg in small AoE when it is destroyed. Nice unit though, they could used it for expansion. About Archon thingy, dont know, i dont really care actually.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

That was the stasis orb you're thinking of.

The star relic used to "detonate" units and buildings (AoE upon enemy unit's death, I believe it dealt damage based on the victim's total hit points), but it was "replaced" by the stasis orb (which had the slowing attack) which was then replaced by the nullifier/disruptor. Through so many changes, the original star relic bears no resemblance t the disruptor other than being a spellcaster.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Dude, give credit to mustacio for the edit..

It's an awesome model, I really want to see it in Legacy of the Void!

-Psi
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

They ought to replace the MShip with this thing, and call it the Star Orb or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    That's way too skinny to be an archon. I bet it was a Judicator.
    Judicators are all dead.