Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SC:L Trivia Contest

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default SC:L Trivia Contest

SC:L will be launching a series of contests in the coming days to celebrate our grand relaunch. First off, we would like to congratulate Junzou, the winner of our registration contest. He will receive a copy of the extremely limited edition (20) High Templar control art used to design the banner for SC:L 7.0, signed by his favorite SC:L staff member.

And now, we welcome you to StarCraft: Legacy's Trivia Contest! In order to participate, answer the following questions by sending an email to contests[at]sclegacy.com with your SC:L username and "Trivia Contest Submission" as the subject and specify whether or not you are able to attend BlizzCon 2009:
    1) In what direction does the Mutalisk’s Glaive wurm tend to travel when attacking many targets?
    2) Explosive and Concussive are two out of the three common damage types in StarCraft. The third type of damage is called _______ damage.
    3) Who was the only American to beat Boxer at the World Cyber Games?
    4) What was the most popular official Map of the Week on the Battle.net StarCraft Compendium?
    5) What were the Terran Marines initially named in the StarCraft Beta?
    6) In StarCraft map making, what is the number of the player that is considered the “neutral player,” such that the player’s units stay on the map in a non-UMS StarCraft game?
    7) What do Terran Medics call the lethal drug that is administered to dying Marines?
    8) What was the name of the Confederate's clandestine group of secret police?
    9) What two alternate names were used for the Zerg during StarCraft's early designs? "Space Orcs" is not one of them.
    10) In which Warcraft III campaign mission is there a Hydralisk hiding behind some trees (mission name and which campaign)?
    11) What is Sammuro?
    12) Who/what controls units created from the Protoss Robotics Facility?
    13) Which world did Kerrigan begin a rebellion on in the early Terran missions?
    14) What were the guards of the Conclave called?
    15) Chris Metzen once referred to Tassadar as a ______ -like character?
    The following prizes are up for grabs:
    1st Place - One BlizzCon 2009 Ticket, One StarCraft II Beta Key
    2nd Place - One BlizzCon 2009 Ticket, One StarCraft II Beta Key
    3rd Place - One BlizzCon 2009 Ticket, One StarCraft II Beta Key
    4th Place - One StarCraft II Beta Key
    The people with the most correct answers will win; if there is a tie then the winner will be picked at random. The deadline for the contest is June 15th. Good luck everyone!

This is a StarCraft: Legacy (http://sclegacy.com/) Contest.

Last edited by Gradius; 06-06-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Default Re: SC:L Trivia Contest

I'm just wondering, why do only the questions till 7 have a "Q:" , question 8 a "Q." and the others nothing :P

Wow some of these questions are rediculously hard. Are we allowed to collaborate?

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

What if I would won a BC ticket? The only option for me would be to sell it on e-bay ... meh it's only for people from North America... oh visa cards, damn you US gov

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Perfecttear View Post
    I'm just wondering, why do only the questions till 7 have a "Q:" , question 8 a "Q." and the others nothing :P
    Bad editing. Fixd.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    Are we allowed to collaborate?
    Not on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    What if I would won a BC ticket? The only option for me would be to sell it on e-bay ... meh it's only for people from North America... oh visa cards, damn you US gov
    You can't sell it on e-bay, since it's personalized and will only work for you. That's why we require for you to specify whether you can attend BlizzCon '09 in the email.

google search time

Thanks again for the print you guys, I'll be sure to post pics when I get it

"what was the most popular map of the week"

for this question, is it referring to ICCUP maps of the weeks? because there's probably a few websites that record "maps of the week"

where do i submit m ansers to ?

Quote Originally Posted by SIL3NT-DE4TH View Post
    where do i submit m ansers to ?
    contests[at]sclegacy.com

Quote Originally Posted by GGTeMpLaR View Post
    "what was the most popular map of the week"

for this question, is it referring to ICCUP maps of the weeks? because there's probably a few websites that record "maps of the week"
    The Blizzard official Map of the Week on battle.net SCC. Clarified in news post.