Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koprulu Sector Starmap

Default Koprulu Sector Starmap

Hi all.
    You might have had a thread about this before, but I can't find any.

I'm looking for a star map of the sector. Not necessarily of the planets, but more of the Systems, and how they position them self to one another.
    I know of the Azeroth star map, but hay that ain't much good.

I'm a big lover of map, but it seams to be out of my grasp
    can any of you good folks help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Just goof around and gain XP.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Koprulu Sector Starmap

I drafted this a while ago: http://sclegacy.com/images/uploaded/...raftgalaxy.jpg

But I believe it has some things that could be positioned better/improved. Here's the thread: http://blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=21714

You can see an unlabelled and incomplete one here, from (I believe) BlizzCon 2007. There were actually better ones, for people who want to take screenshots of the appropriate videos.

I doubt the one with StarCraft II will be complete. In fact, Blizzard suggested it wouldn't, since Wings of Liberty isn't about conquering the Sector. (Maybe Heart of the Swarm will have one?)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

@Gradius: Nice Blizzforum thread, and thanks for the map, my mind loves stuff like that. but why is the UED colonies all the way over there? I thought it was more like in the top left hand side??

@Kimera757: yes that is right I did see that map before, just forgot about it!
    the map can be of anything, but I guess we can speculate that it is the terran/dominion space? and that the planets in the middle might be the "core" worlds.
    hmm I might be rambling now, anyway thanks now I got an idea of how it is

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Just goof around and gain XP.

xIHyIDraX's Avatar Junior Member

Its interesting that the koprulu sector on Gradius' is across the galactic core from the UED considering the core is nothing but black holes. Would be interesting to see how the terrans ended up there.

I've always wondered how scientists figure out where stuff is in our own galaxy. Its easy to look at another galaxy and point out places, but we can't exactly look at ourselves. How do we know we're on a certain arm, or that we're even a spiral galaxy at all and not say, Lenticular?

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I've always wondered how scientists figure out where stuff is in our own galaxy. Its easy to look at another galaxy and point out places, but we can't exactly look at ourselves. How do we know we're on a certain arm, or that we're even a spiral galaxy at all and not say, Lenticular?
    That is why it is Science, because scientists claim a discovery and people can't verify if what they say is true and just follow along (I mean, not everyone has a Super-Telescope in their house like me)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkalis View Post
    That is why it is Science, because scientists claim a discovery and people can't verify if what they say is true and just follow along (I mean, not everyone has a Super-Telescope in their house like me)
    I think you're confused.

That is why it is Religion, because cultists claim a miracle and people can't verify if what they say is true and just follow along (I mean, not everyone has a phone to God in their house like me).

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I think you're confused.

That is why it is Religion, because cultists claim a miracle and people can't verify if what they say is true and just follow along (I mean, not everyone has a phone to God in their house like me).
    I have no phone but I sell Tickets to Heaven™

©Copyrighted 2007-2012 RAiN Enterprises

Considering the UED could travel 60,000 light years via warp space in less than a year, I don't think a few measly black holes are going to stop them.

On the subject of the map however, shouldn't Gantris IV be in the same direction from Earth as the Koprulu Sector-ships missed it after all and ended up in another corner of the galaxy because the supercarriers only stopped after 28 years of travel.