Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A Call to Arms [Starcraft I Remake]

Default Re: A Call to Arms [Starcraft I Remake]

It has come to my attention that people are assuming StarCraft: Reborn is no longer actively being worked on. This is false.

The mod is still very much in production. We actively choose to show very little as to not make promises we cannot keep.

When the time is right, we will make a public announcement.

The site is available at http://starcraftreborn.com and is no where near it's final state. More on that later as well.
    Last edited by XxOblivionxX; 08-18-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Well, the team has had a major breakthrough recently. We've been given permission by maverck of SC2Mapster to use and modify his WIP SC1 Brood War mod, which has the 3 races nearly-completed tech trees. The guy has done a wonderful job, and we'll work on improving and finishing the tech trees

(Btw, we already have SC1 cliff mechanics to complement maverck's mod; of course we won't be releasing these files until we release Reborn's first public demo )

If I were to ask random questions about progress or anything in particular you plan on including, would it be answered, or are you guys keeping everything a surprise?

From the looks of the recent screenshots, it looks a lot different from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    If I were to ask random questions about progress or anything in particular you plan on including, would it be answered, or are you guys keeping everything a surprise?

From the looks of the recent screenshots, it looks a lot different from the original.
    Yes, I would like to ask the same thing, since I've seen marine with shields in screenshots. I hope to see it like the original, without marauders, banshees, reapers, vikings etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post

Those screenshots on the site, under Media, are actually supposed to be the Wasteland mission from Episode I ... well, a PIECE of the mission. We've added onto it

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzmaniac View Post
    Yes, I would like to ask the same thing, since I've seen marine with shields in screenshots. I hope to see it like the original, without marauders, banshees, reapers, vikings etc...
    Those screenshots were taken in the editor (the Marine shows up with a shield). In-game they don't have shields, and we plan to stick with Starcraft 1 tech (for Episode I, it'll have just vanilla SC1 units).

Just so you all know, I'm working with MavercK on his Brood War map, which we then hope to convert into a mod file and use for Reborn. There are still a lot of problems with mod files however (files imported into a mod attached to a map won't show up properly in that map), hopefully Blizzard will fix this in the future, or it'll mean that we'll need to be importing ALL custom models, sounds, etc. into every campaign map
    Last edited by NamesAreUseless; 10-14-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NamesAreUseless View Post
    Its actually supposed to be the Wasteland mission from Episode I ... well, a PART of the mission. We've added onto it
    That reminds me of something I've been wondering for a while. How you're handling the voice-acting. Are you getting people to voice lines for your new content, but reusing the lines from the original, or are you completely revoicing the campaign?