View Poll Results: What is your favorite SC or BW quote?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • We require additional pylons: Protoss Advisor

29 32.95%
  • You called down the thunder...: Ghost

13 14.77%
  • This is not Warcraft in space!...: Artanis

13 14.77%
  • Doesn't take a telepath to know...: Sarah Kerrigan

7 7.95%
  • Other (specify)

26 29.55%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Most memorable SC quote

Default Re: Most memorable SC quote

I selected Other: Zeratul's farting noise. I have no clue why Blizzard put it in the game but it's annoying as all get out and it really soudns as if he is passing wind. You guys know what i'm talking about?
    We can't stop them from comming, but by God we can make them limp home!

"The Zerg took everything from me. My home. My family. My friends. I'll be damned if I just sit on my hands and wait it out. I'm in." - Jim Raynor.
    "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer." - U.S. Marine Corps Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by TheProgramer View Post
    I selected Other: Zeratul's farting noise. I have no clue why Blizzard put it in the game but it's annoying as all get out and it really soudns as if he is passing wind. You guys know what i'm talking about?
    you're not talking about his grunting sound, are you?
    then one he makes when you select him?

Since I'm a progaming fan and never really paid much attention to the singleplayer side of BW (don't get mad at me ;p), I'm gonna go with:

"I choose Hwasin as my insurance." by Bisu in Daum OSL group selection ceremony. To say the least, he won their game very convincignly using Scouts.

+1 for Radio Free Zerg!

"Serve the hive!"

I could never really play as Zerg without popping up that song. It just...wasn't the same without it.
    Last edited by Xyvik; 11-27-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    Without a home. Without a people. Without mercy. The Arcani

Blizzard's Exact Mathematical Definition of Soon™: {soon|1 month<soon<∞}

Another?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyvik View Post
    +1 for Radio Free Zerg!

"Serve the hive!"

I could never really play as Zerg without popping up that song. It just...wasn't the same without it.
    Man, you arent the only one.

Most memorable re imo:
    "Doesn't take a telepath to know what you're thinking" -Kerrigan, it really made me laugh, and
    "I don't think so, Admiral. You see, at this point... I'm pretty much the
    Queen Bitch of the Universe. And not all of your little soldiers or space
    ships will stand in my way again."
    were the best I guess. And then about protoss farting, why do they realy sound like pigs when grunting. Like the mess of noise you hear once being zealot rushed in multiplayer... Like getting ran over by mass of pigs

-My life for Aiur

-Hydra scream thing
    KCCO

Do you seek knowledge of time-travel?

[btw it's "You must construct additional Pylons.", not what's up there.]

Quote Originally Posted by TheKax View Post
    And then about protoss farting, why do they realy sound like pigs when grunting. Like the mess of noise you hear once being zealot rushed in multiplayer... Like getting ran over by mass of pigs
    To me it sounds like a bunch of light sabers being retracted and then some sort of sound distillation. In other words, I think it sounds pretty awesome and I wish SC 2 incorporated that element too.

I don't know what you have to be on to be reminded of pigs constantly.

Zeratul's grunting noise was totally a core defining element of his character (the books described his voice as 'dry and dark and low' but SC 2 doesn't re-iterate this one bit, it seems).

In the old game, "Yer orders... temp-lar-er-uh?"
    "I do this for aiur... er... not you."
    "Hrn?!"
    "En taro Adun!"
    "Hrm... so be it. *amused, ever so subtly*"

Compare that to Tassadar, "I'm here."
    "Tara khala!"
    "Uh... yes, executor?"

Compare that to Fenix, "For Aiur!"
    "Haha, to battle! Har har! *may as well of said that*"
    "Executor?! *almost as if he's been interrupted, however his voice shows that he is aptly aware and focused... almost too much*"

Compare that to the zealot (SC 1), "My life FOR AIUR!!!"
    "Ga-ahl zhu! (made that up; obviously khala language)"
    "Honor guy-uhd me!"
    "Loss-uh ZERB! (made that up too)"
    *Notice how the zealot never asks questions. His personality is ferociously zealous. Hence 'zealot'.*

Compare that to the dragoon (SC 1), "I have returned-uh. *determined*"
    "For Adun."
    "For-ah vengeance."
    "Input command."
    "Make use of me... *sounds more timid; as if the dragoon is afraid that it won't be useful*"
    "Mae'toruk. (made it up)"
    "Gal'ossos. (made it up)"

*The dragoon is straight and narrow. You can find personality in it, even if the voice is artificial. For whatever reason, dragoons have different voices, even though they're telepaths, like all protoss. It could be a vocalizer or maybe the dragoon has neural support structures aiding in interaction - hence the telepathic effect of an 'artificial voice'. The reason for this is that most zealots probably suffer brain damage before they 'go dragoon', hence social function is otherwise hindered yet they still manage to retain personality and other needed functions like memory and intelligence... maybe also 'recovered' with cybernetic aid. Anyway, that's my theory and I think it makes sense in a pseudo-science way. A telepath needs to project their voice; even if you can play out different voices in your head, projecting it would be more difficult - just like speaking in a different voice and making it seem natural.*

In the new, the zealot sounds like, "We are the blades of AIUR!"
    "Guide my path! *or whatever*"

*Anyway... the new zealot sounds more majestic. Not really what I hoped. Not every protoss is majestic. Templar, particularly zealots, are supposed to be ferocious. Zealots are templar sent to the front lines. StarCraft isn't about planet of the hats, darn it! That's for universes like Star Trek and SG."

In the new, Zeratul sounds like "Your orders... oh... templar?"
    "James... Raynor."
    "As was foretold!"

In other words, Zeratul sounds a lot more brooding and anti-social in the older game.

Clearly, those are his character attributes - he's always been largely brooding and anti-social (the novels re-iterate that) and protoss society doesn't encourage being social as much as human societies... hence why Zeratul is still a prelate; out of wise respect rather than ambition of leading through majesty or social graces. Tassadar was also wise, but had a heck of a lot more social grace than Zeratul - he conveys more emotion, while Zeratul broods 90% of the time.

I'm being serious here! In sc2, he's all majestic which I don't like. The old zeratul was ugly and a bad ass (like the cowboy who doesn't shave). The new one is just... tame.
    Last edited by solidsamurai; 12-02-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Can't belive my bad-planted thread still survives