79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protoss

49 62.03%
  • Terran

23 29.11%
  • Zerg

7 8.86%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the best designed race?

Default Who do you think is the best designed race?

This poll popped up on TL and got some interesting results. Lets see SCL's take on it.

Default Re: Who do you think is the best designed race?

Protoss or Terran. Zerg aren't even close right now.

Protoss. Apart from the Mothership and MAYBE the Phoenix and Carrier, there simply is not a single weak link in the chain. That doesn't mean Blizz couldn't have done an even BETTER job, but structurally it's all sound.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

I was leaning towards zerg, but I went with terran because i think zerg have some major changes coming.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Islandsnake View Post
    I was leaning towards zerg, but I went with terran because i think zerg have some major changes coming.
    such as?

Protoss for sure. They have all the coolest new gadgets (Force field, warp gate, warp prism and etc) while still keeping their racial identity.

Terrans are extremely fun but they simply are not what they used to be. Instead, they really feel like Protoss more or less. The main reason is that the siege tank is not as effective as it was and that the mines are gone. Everything about the Terrans in Starcraft 1 revolved around the tanks (in TvP at least. In TvZ, more or less but certainly when the lurkers were out). It is not like this anymore. I feel like they should have emphasize more that "we turtle and kill stuff before they can even reach us" in Starcraft 2. I mean, the feeling is still there but... I really feel like something is missing. I kinda like the fact that the race is a lot easier than what it used to be though and to be honest I enjoy being able to A move a protoss (something that was never possible in Starcraft 1) but still.

The zergs are pretty much what they used to be. Yeah ok, the lurker isn't there anymore and dark swarm is gone. The thing is, even with this stuff gone, I don't feel like the race lost his identity or anything. It certainly affected them, but I don't find it as bad as how the Terrans are now. I always been a Terran player though so that certainly affect my view of the game.

such as?
    I think there going to add something to change up the variety of zerg play, and hopefully address my concern spawn larva.

So either new upgrades, abblites or even a new unit - and slight change or balance timings with the queen.

Zerg play the same vs EVERY race(kinda) - thats a issue. ( That can be fixed!)

Still with all that I love how zerg plays heh
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Centipede's Avatar Junior Member

Warp-in is fantastic, and while I'd still like to see a warp-out for base structures, I think that mechanic helps to make the 'Toss a very well designed force. My only real complaints with the Protoss are related to graphics, aside from the Mothership, Carrier, and maybe Phoenix.

EDIT: There also seems to be a really great dynamic between Protoss and Terran match-ups, with Terrans getting to use pretty much everything to counterbalance with the 'Toss. By contrast, to me, Zerg feel left out and half-assed.

Although Zerg are my favourite race, I've got to say that in terms of design, I'm very happy with how the Protoss turned out :].

Zerg aren't any less effective than the other races, and they have a heavy-handed style of play which feels rewarding to me. However, like Island said, with stuff like Roach/Hydra being the 'core' of your army in both ZvP and ZvT, it can lead to lack of variety in play. That's not a problem with me, but I know that a lot of people feel that Zerg lose a lot of points for that.

Zerg getting no love. SC2 is working as intended!