Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nighthawk name change?

viperjo's Avatar Junior Member

Default Nighthawk name change?

Apparently the Nighthawk is now known as the Raven. Thoughts on the change? Dont really care for this change, I like Nighthawk far more.

Q u o t e:
    I was thinking,"Hunter Seeker Missile won't hit Mutalisks because they can just fly away.""

Then it occured to me,"You can fly your Nighthawks to point blank range and detonate a Hunter Seeker Missile into their stack of Mutalisks."

If you start thinking of the strategies to spread your muta when a Nighthawk is going Tassadar on you, it sounds like it could be fun. Then you'll have people who chase away your Mutalisk without actually having enough energy for HSM. You may try to kill a Nighthawk with two or three mutalisks, but then they can bring in reinforcements. This micro war could get good.

It is true, if you can get close enough with the Raven (previously known as the Nighthawk), the Hunter Seeker Missile(HSM) is likely to do some major damage. Nonetheless, a Zerg opponent should have an ample amount of time to react to it, and the HSM has a slight delay launch when it comes out from the Raven. Additionally, there will be a visual that will show exactly which unit is being targeted by the HSM, allowing the possibility of more micro by the Zerg player to limit the damage taken.
    http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...77&sid=3000#13

Default Re: Nighthawk name change?

It was actually discovered a month ago or so, from a German magazine, I think.

I think the general consensus is that Nighthawk was better =(

Well crap. I missed that article it seems lol. What else haven't I been told!

1) Nullifier renamed Disruptor,
    2) Immortal requires Hardened Shield to be researched first,
    3) Thor can be transported by Medivac, fills entire craft,

-Psi
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

I'm fine with the name Raven, and hope they change it "never more".

Immortal requires Hardened Shield to be researched first,
    Wait, where was that mentioned?
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    I'm fine with the name Raven, and hope they change it "never more".
    Booooooooooo!!!!!!

*Lobs rotten fruit at Blazur*

Now as I was saying, I actually don't mind the name change, although frankly I am not too keen on the unit in general. I mean, it doesn't seem very human in design first of all, and what, its a stealth shit that carries massive short range missiles? I mean, that seems somewhat silly.

Now as for the new information, the Immortals, eh, I guess I didn't know either way, and if its a balance issue, I mean, I can go with that.

The Nullifier? Meh, Disrupter is actually kind of cool too. It certainly sounds more violent anyway. Now we just need to have a unit that has the right mix of appropriate abilities to match.

-Dread_Reaper
    "And then Sun Tzu used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one!"

Here you go Nicol, Karune's "big" side note: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...=3000&pageNo=1

Quote Originally Posted by Karune
    As a side note, the Immortal's Hardened Shields are again a researchable passive ability in the Cybernetics Core in our latest version of the game.

-Psi
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

Quote Originally Posted by PsiWarp View Post
    1) Nullifier renamed Disruptor,
    2) Immortal requires Hardened Shield to be researched first,
    3) Thor can be transported by Medivac, fills entire craft,

-Psi
    Yeah, i'd heard about the rest of that but i missed the bit about the nighthawk to raven rename. Disruptor is actually a little better i think. Fits with the hallucination ability a bit better, causing confusion amongst the ranks and what not. But yeah, nighthawk is definitely a better option to raven. I'd rather it be an anti-light specialized fighter if it were named raven.

My view of names:
    1. Vulkan (he was the Roman god of the Forge, he built things, perfect)
    2. Nomad (not as fitting as Vulkan, but the thing can work well alone, so it still fits)
    3. Nighthawk (a bit too militaristic really, although it could fit if the HSM remains in)
    4. Raven (does this really need an explanation?)